• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Signs of a harmonious mind

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
I think the key to loving yourself is to find out what you love and become that thing.

Our inner unhappiness comes from our desires, beliefs, and emotions contradicting one another. Harmony can only be achieved when these things are one. Someone who truly filled with joy to the core of thier spirits will be joined in their values, their feelings, and their decisions. The problem with human beings and the root of our mental anguish is contradictions. This creates stress, depression, and in some cases severe mental illness. If your mind and your spirit can't stand together, then they can't stand at all.

I think one way you'll know you love yourself is by being able to say anything that's on your mind without having any shame. If you aren't happy with your thought patterns to the point where you're ashamed to reveal them, then deep down, you have a problem with yourself.

Another sign that you love yourself is by never making any excuses... I like hunting, because it's fun to shoot animals and meat is tasty... Not because I care about population control, boosting the economy through licensing fees, or to appeal to some pre-historic instinct, or to boycott factory farming or any of those bullshit reasons people make.. Let's face it, nobody cares about those things. Those are excuses. However, excuses are done when you think something is wrong. If you are truly happy with yourself, then you don't need any excuses.You should never make an excuse for doing what you think is right or okay.

Another sign of loving yourself is generosity. You see, if you love helping others, then odds are you love yourself. Because your actions, your beliefs, and your feelings are one. You believe in doing the right thing, you are doing the right thing, and you feel good doing what you think is right.
That there is harmony.

You also show harmony by finding joy in traditions, values, or religion. It's another example where your beliefs and values are one with your feelings. If you love your traditions and see them as a part of yourself, then your emotions will be affected and you'll be happy. Just don't be too uncritical of these traditions

PS, If you want a discussion you need to present some basic points you want discussed.
It's fine to give your opinions and express your views and all, but if you want more feed back try and tie it all together by the end with a (for lack of a better word) -point.
If not, pretty soon it's just going to be you on a soapbox.☺

PS, If you want a discussion you need to present some basic points you want discussed.
It's fine to give your opinions and express your views and all, but if you want more feed back try and tie it all together by the end with a (for lack of a better word) -point.
If not, pretty soon it's just going to be you on a soapbox.☺

Okay, let me rephrase it... How would you know if your mind is at peace?

Does that include trying to "help" others deny their own sexuality? :\

Giving advice to confused young youths about achieving a higher state of spirituality is a lovely thing to do.
If my words could reach someone, I'd feel complete. I guess that's why I talk about it so much. I'm proud of what I did and want others to know that things aren't always what they seem.

Giving advice to confused young youths about achieving a higher state of spirituality is a lovely thing to do.
If my words could reach someone, I'd feel complete. I guess that's why I talk about it so much. I'm proud of what I did and want others to know that things aren't always what they seem.

im sure ur spirituality would benefit from a heightened level of self-awareness.

for me, the measure is in my ability to generate and manipulate viriditas:

Viriditas (Latin, literally "greenness," formerly translated as "viridity"[1]) is a word meaning vitality, fecundity, lushness, verdure, or growth. It is particularly associated with abbess Hildegard von Bingen, who used it to refer to or symbolize spiritual and physical health, often as a reflection of the divine word or as an aspect of the divine nature.

"Look at the pattern this seashell makes. The dappled whorl, curving inward to infinity. That's the shape of the universe itself. There's a constant pressure, pushing toward pattern. A tendency in matter to evolve into ever more complex forms. It's a kind of pattern gravity, a holy greening power we call viriditas, and it is the driving force in the cosmos. Life, you see"

-Kim Stanley Robinson

so long as my plants, gardens and aquariums are thriving, i know that i'm generating positive energy.

I'm going to let this continue, until there comes such a point at which it degenerates into hate for certain groups. At such a point, this thread will no longer exist.

To me, my greatest sign of a harmonious mind is when I am content just being me, in a vaccuum, irrelevant to the demands of others. I've achieved that, at least for now, by being true to my inner self and what I believe is right. and by spending my time doing things I love and am passionate about.

Last edited:
Your mind is at peace when mind is absent. It means no story is being spun. I would not call a mind that is spinning positive stories to be at peace either. It's a state of accepting what is happening in this present moment only.

Peace isn't something you do, it's something that you are -- and it can only be realized by stopping.