• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Side-by-Side Comparison Thread; Common and Uncommon Psychedelics & Dissociatives

thizzkid

Bluelighter
Hey there bluelight, so this is just a little something Ive decided to put together for fun and for anyone who wants to see some of the common and uncommon psychedelic or
dissociative drugs compared side by side without having to read the entire comparisons thread.

How it works:

I have created 8 different criteria by which to score each drug for its recreational value;

Head-high:
Body-high:
Color Enhancement:
Visuals:
Sociability:
Safety:
Price: (High score means low price and vice-versa)
Addiction Potential: (low score means very addictive and vice-versa)

Each gets a score out of 10 for an overall score out of 80, the higher the more recreationally valuable I consider them.

In addition there will also be a note of the best and worst aspect of each drug along with a quick summary of the effects aswell as its legality, dose and duration of
effects.

MODs, I know this post is slightly against the whole non-promoting of drugs, but I don't want this to be viewed as a Psychedelic menu, but rather as a recognition of the fact that curiosity will often win, and people will want to try new things no matter what anyone does. So, for people who maybe haven't been around these drugs or know much about them, this can hopefully serve as a starting ground to help them do that as safely as possible. I was really careful to not directly break any rules I think but let me know if I'm wrong about that....
Anyway, feel free to comment or add your own score to these or any chemical I haven't mentioned, but I ask that if you do so, please follow the format I used thank you=)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example;

Marijuana:

Slang: Weed, Pot, Grass, Dope, etc.

Head-high:6
Body-high:6
Color Enhancement:3
Visuals:3
Sociability:10
Safety:10
Price:9
Addiction Potential:5

Overall Score: 52/80

Duration: 1-4 hours (smoked)

Legality: Schedule 1

Common Dose Range: (hard to determine)

Best Aspect: Completely safe and sociable drug with little impact to an individuals health.

Worst Aspect: Can often kill motivation

Summary: Marijuana is the most common drug and is the drug most people start with recreationally. It has a mellow, relaxed high which changes the visual field with out
supplying outright hallucinations. To people with pre-existing schizophrenia or similar conditions, marijuana can cause anxiety and panic, but to most users provides a
stony, relaxed buzz without much cognitive interference.

You guys understand the basic template? Cool; here we go...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mescaline: 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine

Slang: Mescalito, Peyote

Head-high:9
Body-high:10
Color Enhancement:10
Visuals:10
Price:1
Addiction Potential:10

Overall Score: 70/80

Duration: 8-10 hours

Common Dose Range: 150-750mg

Best Aspect: Has incredibly vivid visuals while still remaining a very calm, controlable high.

Worst Aspect: Is a very expensive drug if you can even find it.

Summary: (erowid.org) Mescaline is a psychoactive phenethylamine chemical, best known for being the primary psychoactive component in peyote and San Pedro cacti. It was
first isolated by Arthur Heffter in 1897 when he was trying to identify the mind-altering principals in peyote. Mescaline is considered one of the classic psychedelic /
entheogens, with a long history of traditional use in Central America (in the form of cacti), formalized modern ritual use in the Native American Church, considered by
many experienced users as uniquely powerful, and widely known throughout the world because of the many accounts of its use. Both synthetic and extracted crystalline
mescaline are available on the underground markets, but both are rare and usually quite expensive.

LSD: Lysergic Acid-Diethylamide

Slang: Acid, Lucy, Tabs, L, Blotters

Head-high:10
Body-high:8
Color Enhancement:9
Sociability:6
Price:3
Addiction Potential:9

Overall Score: 65/80

Duration: 8-12 hours

Common Dose Range: 50ug-300ug

Best Aspect: The fact that this drug can take you farther than any other drug while still being less toxic tan vitamin c, and has some of the most incredible fractal and
patterning visuals, if not the best of any drug. (mind you, I have not done DMT)

Worst Aspect: Impedes communication in a way that no other drug does. Like seriously; it could be you and your childhood friend, or a lover whom you have a ton of inside
jokes with, but in an LSD experience neither of you will be able to really understand each other throughout the experience, and those inside jokes just don't work, and even
when you think communication has been established, when you realize what the other person was talking about, its something completely different from what you were
thinking.

Summary: LSD first came around in 1943 thanks to our friend Albert Hoffman. It has been proven to be physically non-toxic, and is an incredibly powerful substance with a
threshold dose of 20ug. It's one of the most common and well-known psychedelic drugs, however there is also a large public misunderstanding of it and it's effects. Due to
anti-drug propaganda from the 60's, 70's, and 80's there were hundreds of rumors created about LSD which have been successful at scaring much of the public away from it and
psychedelics as a whole. Additionally, there are several stories in recent years where a kid somewhere takes a dose of something sold or given to him/her as LSD and the
person has ended up dead, however in the vast majority of cases the news-media has claimed "Death by LSD" when the killer drug was in truth something in the NBOMe series
or DOx series. To this day there are no known deaths from LSD and people have taken up to 10, 15mg or 10,000 - 15,000ug and even higher doses without physical problems.

4-AcO-DMT; 4-acetoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (O-Acetylpsilocin)

Slang: 4-ACO (For-eh-co), Psilacetin

Color Enhancement:9
Visuals:9
Sociability:7
Safety:9
Price:7
Addiction Potential:7

Overall Score: 65/80

Duration: 5-6 hours

Legality: Not specifically scheduled, but a likely cadidate for the analogue law.

Common Dose Range: 7-35mg

Best Aspect: The thoughts, revelations, and self-introspection this drug can produce have the potential to be life-changing for some and dont flow as smoothly on any other

chemical I've tried.

Worst Aspect: Can cause overthinking where it isn't wanted.

Summary: O-Acetylpsilocin is a synthetically produced psychoactive drug first synthesized by Albert Hoffman, and has been suggested by David Nichols to be a potentially
useful alternative to psilocybin for pharmacological studies, as they are both believed to be pro-drugs of psilocin. This has a tendency to produce a profound mind-high for
pretty much everyone who does it, meaning strong visions and entity contact at higher doses as well. For being an RC I give it a rather high safety score based on the idea
that it is a prodrug to psilocin and that I feel a very low toxicity on this drug if any, and that I have seen reports of people accidentally ingesting 500mg and coming
out the other side laughing. However, let it be known that this is entirely speculation. The high itself; is one of the most colorful and "morphy" trips I've experienced
and is wonderful for just about anybody.

2C-B: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenethylamine

Slang: Nexus

Head-high:8
Body-high:7
Color Enhancement:10
Visuals:7
Sociability:8
Safety:8
Price:6
Addiction Potential:8

Overall Score: 62/80

Common Dose Range: 10-50mg

Best Aspect: Extremely easy going drug mentally; a great beginners psychedelic.

Worst Aspect: Can cause a stomach ache during the come-up.

Summary: Alexander Shulgin's most popular child, 2C-B is the most well-known and arguably most people's favorite of the 2C series. A very colorful, easy-going psychedlic
both mentally and visually. Tons of shifting and patterning etc, but no real concrete hallucinations or anything overly profound. If there were an ideal "candy" drug, I
think it would be 2C-B as it is just a smiley, happy experience for most.

2C-I: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine

Slang: Smiles

Body-high:7
Color Enhancement:8
Visuals:9
Safety:7
Price:5
Addiction Potential:8

Overall Score: 62/80

Duration: 6-8 hours

Common Dose Range: 8-30mg

Best Aspect: Is the absolute funniest time you may ever have. Makes everything hillarious

Worst Aspect: Can cause stomach discomfort and sometimes has an edgy feeling.

Summary: 2C-I is anthoer one of shulgins children and is the heaviest and most potent-by-weight of the halogenated 2C's. A great chemical, with great visuals, but the real
show on this stuff begins when you close your eyes. Extremely vivid scenery and CEV's are this drugs specialty along with a platter full of hilarity and inside jokes.
This drug however, despite all its CEV and laughs still allows the user to be fairly clearheaded and approach things in a calculated manner which allows it to be a very
flexible and unique psychedelic.

2C-E: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylphenethylamine

Slang: Europa

Body-high:6
Color Enhancement:7
Sociability:7
Safety:5
Addiction Potential:10

Overall Score: 59/80

Duration: 8-9 hours

Common Dose Range: 5-25mg (although a rare few need significantly more)

Best Aspect: Has the potential to produce some of the most incredible visons of any drug while still maintaining a relatively clear head

Worst Aspect: No matter how you take this drug, in some way or another it will physically hurt before it becomes amazing.

Summary: 2C-E is a psychedelic and phenethylamine of the 2C family. It was also first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin and is commonly active in the 10–20 mg range, taken
orally or nasally and is highly dose-sensitive. Is considered one of Shulgins personal favorites dut to the emotional depth and profundity of this chemical, however there
is an unavoidable body load when taken orally and all other ROA's present some kind of physical pain. Also this is not a beginners drug. It is something that when you do,
you don't immediately have a good experience, but have to make friends with the drug before you can, but when you do, what an experience...

MDMA: 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine

Slang: Ecstasy, Adam, Molly, Mandy

Body-high:10
Color Enhancement:5
Visuals:4
Safety:9
Price:8
Addiction Potential:5

Overall Score: 59/80

Duration: 4-6 hours

Common Dose Range: 50-250mg

Best Aspect: It's ability to dissolve communication barriers where before a given individual's ego was too large; in other words, it allows everything to be communicated and

produces a sense of unity throughout all participating members.

Worst Aspect: If too high a dose is used, or it is used recreationally, there is a harsh crash the next day.

Summary: MDMA is a very controversial drug. Some people say it puts holes in your brain, others "pop a molly and they sweatin'". The fact of the mater is that MDMA has
been around since 1915 and has had a history of being extremely safe to use recreationally when what you have is actually MDMA. It produces an extremely euphoric state by
releasing serotonin into the synapse while simultaneously blocking the re-uptake of said serotonin causing a flood of raw happiness and emotion to burst outward as well
as a powerful body-high. It is a strong psycho-therapeutic tool to therapists willing to risk their license working with an illegal drug, but is most often used/abused as
a party/rave drug.

MDA: 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine

Slang: Sass, Sassafrass

Color Enhancement:6
Visuals:5
Addiction Potential:7

Overall Score: 56/80

Common Dose Range: 40-185mg

Best Aspect: Has the ability to transform MDMA into an even-more incredible experience as well as having it's own backstory.

Worst Aspect: Terrible crash/hangover the next day.

Summary: MDA is a synthetic empathogen sometimes found in ecstasy tablets. It is closely related to MDMA though its effects are said to be slightly more psychedelic. It is
also about 2 steps away from MDMA if a chemist so desires to do so. MDA is sort of like a roll, but whereas MDMA is more lovey-dovey, and euphoria filled, MDA is more
trippy and psychedelic. For example, where MDMA is 90% heart space and 10% head-space, MDA is 30% head-space and 70% heart-space. Is also said to be slightly more neurotoxic
than MDMA and results in a stronger hangover the next day. Mostly though the two are very similar. In my opinion, MDA is like the "Luigi" to MDMA's "Mario"; the two are
very similar, and in a lot of ways you may even like Luigi more, however Mario will always be the dependable go-to which has received most of the fame, but Luigi is
certainly no less of a beast...

25C-NBOME: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloro-N-(2-methoxyphenyl)ethamine

Slang: none

Body-high:4
Safety:2
Price:10
Addiction Potential:6

Overall Score: 44/80

Common Dose Range: 300ug-1500ug

Best Aspect: Really hillariously random and vivid closed-eye visuals; (ex: an alligtor walking down a cartoony path and when he turns around is actually a stop sign)

Worst Aspect: Has a very slim safe-dose range compared to drugs like LSD, but is sold as LSD often meaning trouble for a lot of people.

Summary: 25C-NBOMe is derived from the psychedelic phenethylamine 2C-C by substitution on the amine with a 2-methoxybenzyl group. 25C-NBOMe is a clumpy white powder with a
notably bitter and metallic taste. 25C-NBOMe has been found on blotter mimics sold as LSD do to the drastic price difference between the two drugs causing health hazards
and in some cases, fatal overdoses. It along with several of the NBOMe series are incredibly potent drugs with a low lethal dose meaning they can be extremely hazardous to
work with in pure, powdered form as well and careless insufflation or any other form of intake, intentional or not, can also cause health problems. However of the people
who have tried it at appropriate doses, most have enjoyed their experience.

MXE: 2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone [3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE]

Slang: Mexxy, M&Ms, Roflcopter

Color Enhancement:3
Visuals:4
Safety:6
Addiction Potential:3

Overall Score: 48/80

Duration: 3-4 hours

Legality: Unscheduled; candidate for analouge law under PCP, PCE and similar drugs.

Common Dose Range: 10-100mg (isufflated)

Best Aspect: Entirely dissolves emotional stress both before and after the experience

Worst Aspect: Can be pretty addictive, especially to introverted people.

Summary: (erowid.org) Methoxetamine is a near chemical analog of ketamine and PCP. Its use was first publicly reported in 2010. Methoxetamine's effects are described by
some as similar to ketamine or high-dose DXM, while others report not finding it similar to those substances. A number of accounts describe compulsive re-dosing and
unintentional consumption of more than was initially planned. One unique aspect to this drug, however is it's ability, particularly while holing, to bring back vivid
visions of past memories long forgotten which is a powerful tool if that's what youre looking for, but be warned it is quite addictive.

Ketamine: 2-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-(methylamino)-cyclohexanone

Slang: K, Special K, Kittyknip, Katy

Color Enhancement:4
Visuals:3
Sociability:4
Price:8
Addiction Potential:4

Overall Score: 48/80

Duration: 40 minutes - 1 hour

Legality: Schedule 3

Common Dose Range: 50-250mg (insufflated)

Best Aspect: A great combo drug with a conveniently short duration of effect means you can squeeze it into just about any timeframe.

Worst Aspect: Can be very addicting due to short duration of action and apparent lack of side effects.

Summary: (erwoid.org) Ketamine is used recreationally primarily as a snorted white powder and for therapeutic and psychedelic use it is often injected intra-muscularly
(IM). Its effects range (at lower doses) from mild inebriation, dreamy thinking, stumbling, clumsy, or 'robotic' movement, delayed or reduced sensations, vertigo,
sometimes erotic feelings, increased sociability, and an interesting sense of seeing the world differently to (at higher doses) extreme difficulty moving, nausea, complete
dissociation, entering complete other realities, classic Near Death Experiences (NDEs), compelling visions, black outs, etc. Ketamine is also known for being more
psychologically addictive / compelling than most psychedelics and it is not uncommon to hear of users who take it once or more daily.

25C-NBOME: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloro-N-(2-methoxyphenyl)ethamine

Overall Score: 44/80

Common Dose Range: 300ug-1500ug

Best Aspect: Really hillariously random and vivid closed-eye visuals; (ex: an alligtor walking down a cartoony path and when he turns around is actually a stop sign)

Worst Aspect: Has a very slim safe-dose range compared to drugs like LSD, but is sold as LSD often meaning trouble for a lot of people.

Summary: 25C-NBOMe is derived from the psychedelic phenethylamine 2C-C by substitution on the amine with a 2-methoxybenzyl group. 25C-NBOMe is a clumpy white powder with a
notably bitter and metallic taste. 25C-NBOMe has been found on blotter mimics sold as LSD do to the drastic price difference between the two drugs causing health hazards
and in some cases, fatal overdoses. It along with several of the NBOMe series are incredibly potent drugs with a low lethal dose meaning they can be extremely hazardous to
work with in pure, powdered form as well and careless insufflation or any other form of intake, intentional or not, can also cause health problems. However of the people
who have tried it at appropriate doses, most have enjoyed their experience.

25I-NBOMe: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodo-N-(2-methoxyphenyl)ethamine

Head-high:5
Color Enhancement:6
Visuals:8

Overall Score: 43/80

Common Dose Range: 300-1500ug

Best Aspect: Has a slight stimulating edge making it perfect for a psychedelic activity (ie: biking, hiking, etc.)

Summary: 25I-NBOMe is derived from the psychedelic phenethylamine 2C-I by substitution on the amine with a 2-methoxybenzyl group. 25I-NBOMe is a clumpy white powder with a
notably bitter and metallic taste similar to all the NBOMe's. 25I-NBOMe has been found on blotter mimics sold as LSD do to the drastic price difference between thetwo
drugs causing health hazards and in some cases, fatal overdoses. It along with several of the NBOMe series are incredibly potent drugs with a low lethal dose meaning they
can be extremely hazardous to work with in pure, powdered form as well and careless insufflation or any other form of intake, intentional or not, can also cause health
problems. However of the people who have tried it at appropriate doses, most have enjoyed their experience.

25B-NBOMe: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromo-N-(2-methoxyphenyl)ethamine

Head-high:5
Color Enhancement:8
Safety:1

Overall Score: 43/80

Common Dose Range: 300ug-1200ug

Best Aspect: Has beautifully colorful visuals, similar to 2CB

Summary: 25B-NBOMe is derived from the psychedelic phenethylamine 2C-B by substitution on the amine with a 2-methoxybenzyl group. 25B-NBOMe is a clumpy white powder with a
notably bitter and metallic taste similar to all the NBOMe's. 25B-NBOMe has been found on blotter mimics sold as LSD do to the drastic price difference between the two
drugs causing health hazards and in some cases, fatal overdoses. I have had a bit of experience 25I, 25C, and 25B-NBOME's and 25B-NBOMe seems to be the most unpredictable
and dangerous of the bunch. Even users who responded well to other NBOMes still need to tread with particular caution if trying 25B-NBOMe. Here is an account of my
friend's non-fatal overdose on this drug (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/679079-25B-NBOMe-warning-bad-trip-non-fatal-overdose-1000ug). It along with several of the
NBOMe series are incredibly potent drugs with a low lethal dose meaning they can be extremely hazardous to work with in pure, powdered form as well and careless
insufflation or any other form of intake, intentional or not, can also cause health problems. However of the people who have tried it at appropriate doses, most have
enjoyed their experience, but again, start very low with this one to see if you have any adverse reactions.

Why is ketamine safer than MDMA? Why does MDMA have a safety score of 9? That seems incorrect and highly optimistic. There's concrete data on safety and addiction potential but it seems like you're just pulling these numbers out of your ass instead of using it. If weed and LSD are 10 and 25i-nbome is a 1 I think 6-7 and 5-6 are more realistic scores for ketamine and MDMA safety, respectively.

I'm afraid all your hard work can be dismissed with three letters : YMMV

Commendably it is a magnum opus, and though I have some differences of opinion, well, I don't feel like making the laborious edits.

According to Erowid, "smiles" is 25I-NBOMe. Such a mistake could be very dangerous.

Why the different addiction potential between MDMA vs. MDA ?

Guys, I did pull these numbers out of my ass, this is speculation to the extreme, and the whole Addiction Potential trait IMO is largely based on a combination of how much there is a desire to repeat the experience and how cheaply and easily that chem can be obtained. I repeat this is SPECULATION I note that several times, its just something I made while I was bored in lecture and I was curious what other people thought.

Also, Solipsis; I called 2C-I smiles, because I've seen it called that in like 2008 or so before the NBOMes were even around, although youre right that it could cause a dangerous confusion, and Ill note that both have been called it in an edit.

Erm isn't there that site with this info?

I think it's called Erowid? Or Big & Dandy's or reddit sidebar or PIHKAL/TIHKAL or anything else on the internet with a google search.

Lots of work, no point.

Also very subjective.

Alright well this was just a time-passer in class and I did most of it on my phone, its not a big research paper or anything.

But there was no proof and yes it is very subjective, I just thought itd be interesting to post amd see if people had differnt opinions on them.

Actually I think it could be very useful, if you get several people's opinions and then average the totals into a single chart. Because it is hard to read 20-40 pages to try to find out which RC might be most like MDMA, for example. I'd love a single chart as long as it was reliable.

I'm afraid all your hard work can be dismissed with three letters : YMMV

Or, even better, in four ;)

Beyond that, I totally agree. Sure, such a chart could be useful but this is merely an opinion of one person. The whole thing, as it is now, is basically without purpose and is not exactly safety conscious. The ratings between 1-10 are utterly subjective and, therefore, largely useless for anyone who is not the OP. In fact, this could be cause problems as it is known that there exists vast differences in response to certain chemicals between people, even at the same dose. What may be true for one may be extremely dangerous to another (of course, I refer to the NBOME/NBOH class of drugs)

Right, this should be taken as a subjective opinion and one of many departure points for people who are collecting information about psychedelic drugs before they go trying some themselves.

People should not use this as a substitute for doing their own homework. I appreciate that there is a lot of info out there that you cannot read in an afternoon, but a paragraph for each compound and scores based on one person's view is definitely not enough and it is anti HR to rely solely on that. (There should be a warning / disclaimer announcement in the OP, no?)

But in perspective, and as a bit of background story, PD has attempted to do a "community project" in the past that was supposed to use surveys from each compound to create drug profiles based on a good number of datapoints. I have made part of the survey and think Xorkoth or others have as well, but unfortunately there was not enough executive direction driving the project and it was abandoned. It would have required more programming and number crunching, setting up servers etc.
It's a shame, it could have been great, I wish we could have a project manager who could help figure out what to do and how to achieve it.

all this is highly subjective as most have pointed out already.

as an example marijuana for me is a highly unsocial drug with off the roof potential for addiction, and probably the most dangerous drug for me much more than heroine for example.

maybe because it doesn't cause life time of crippling depression when abused?

Yes, the rebound serotonin depletion is definitely an issue.

And I also like to add that ketamine is MUCH safer than mdma in terms of overdoses.

Is abusing MDMA safe or healthy? I'd say if you look at every angle ketamine comes out safer overall.

maybe because it doesn't cause life time of crippling depression when abused?

The UK mental health services would be overrun with 30 - 50 year old depressives if this was the case. Most people abuse MD until the novelty wears off.
While the mental health services have not reported a wave of MD induced depression there has been a huge increase in bladders shredded by ketamine.

Oh, neither the most creative, nor the most rewarding way of procrastinating work. :D