• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sick from H? (First time)

tabler

Greenlighter
Hey BL, I've spent a few years wandering through the forums but never felt the need to post - it seemed that I could always find an answer to what I was looking for.

I finally need some help of my own. I recently tried H for the first time. Some background: I have used Oxy off and on over the last two years, but my use has not been consistent. I always managed to keep my tolerance low, and except for a few binges, my maximum doses have never exceeded 45mg. I realize heroin is a long jump from someone with this kind of tolerance, but I enjoy opiates, and oxy is just too expensive and hard for me to come by.

Enough background now... I snorted a very small amount of H to get a feel for it. I know based on the source I got it from that it is of very high quality. Fast forward to the day after and I am extremely sick. Another two days and I am still sick. I have been sick for a total of 3 days (since the day after I used). My symptoms include some awful congestion, a cough, hot and cold flashes, chills, and some trouble sleeping. No nausea, no digestive issues.

My questions is: Is it the heroin that made me sick or is this just a coincidence that I caught the flu or something after using it? Of course nobody can tell for sure, but can those of you who are pretty familiar with the stuff tell me if this is normal? I'm having a hard time believing a small amount of the stuff could make me this sick, and I'm not having too many symptoms that match what others experience.

Thanks in advance for your help you guys. I'm glad to finally join the community!

edit: Also might be important to add that I spent the three days prior binge drinking and doing cocaine. Was this a recipe for a weakened immune system?

Last edited:
You're right, there's no way to know for sure. You say that you only took it that one time? Sounds like you have a virus, there's a lot of that going around. Also, the drinking and coke binge will make you more susceptible. Try some zinc lozenges, vitamins, and keep hydrated with water. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks @T. Calderone...

It was most definitely a virus. Last night I sat down with a friend and we both snorted the H and the coke together... Went back and forth until we were both pretty high, and I had started snorting the H much earlier in the day too. Long story short, I woke up this morning and feel totally fine. Not the least bit hung over or sick. I guess it was just a bug I caught!

It was most definitely a virus. Last night I sat down with a friend and we both snorted the H and the coke together... Went back and forth until we were both pretty high, and I had started snorting the H much earlier in the day too. Long story short, I woke up this morning and feel totally fine. Not the least bit hung over or sick. I guess it was just a bug I caught!

I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you're used to combining stimulants with opiates. I can't advocate doing this, I've always been told it's unsafe and to avoid it, but you know... I never cared to listen to what most people told me when I first started using. When I started I had the same idea... get a little higher, same way you are. I am certain other members here would say the same thing that it's dangerous or not worth the long-term consequences. I really don't want to preach to you though, it's just me trying to share some wisdom. Users are going to use,it's what we do.

I know you are not doing this IV, but it's a slippery slope. I am proof of that - I would just say never start using needles. IV cocaine in particular (from what I've read) becomes easier to OD on. That's not even touching on how risky IV opiates become combined with other drugs. Every friend of mine who ended up dead from an 'overdose' did so IV'ing some combination that included heroin.
You might not realize how much of a drug you've actually done bc the side-effects are countered by using another drug. Just try to exercise caution. You seem like a smart person, but all the more reason you don't need to be destroying your life with drugs. Have fun and stay safe my friend.

I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you're used to combining stimulants with opiates. I can't advocate doing this, I've always been told it's unsafe and to avoid it, but you know... I never cared to listen to what most people told me when I first started using. When I started I had the same idea... get a little higher, same way you are. I am certain other members here would say the same thing that it's dangerous or not worth the long-term consequences. I really don't want to preach to you though, it's just me trying to share some wisdom. Users are going to use,it's what we do.

I know you are not doing this IV, but it's a slippery slope. I am proof of that - I would just say never start using needles. IV cocaine in particular (from what I've read) becomes easier to OD on. That's not even touching on how risky IV opiates become combined with other drugs. Every friend of mine who ended up dead from an 'overdose' did so IV'ing some combination that included heroin.
You might not realize how much of a drug you've actually done bc the side-effects are countered by using another drug. Just try to exercise caution. You seem like a smart person, but all the more reason you don't need to be destroying your life with drugs. Have fun and stay safe my friend.
Thank you!! I promised myself I'd never IV... ESPECIALLY coke and H. I've heard so many horror stories similar to what you've just described. I know that it's easy to say I'll stay away now, I just hope it remains that way.

Right on. Also, not shooting will be a sure fire (but not fool-proof) way of keeping your tolerance low. IV use is the best "bang for" ones "buck" however once you start there's no easy way of downgrading back to sniffing or smoking.

And what I was trying to get at in my last post, but truly could not is this. While H could be your drug of choice (I can say it's mine, no doubt) and it's lotsa fun and it's tits...at the end of the day what do we really gain by spending all of our hard earned cash on using it? Can it hold us tight each night and love us for who we are, and not what we love about it or how it makes us feel? I say it's a cruel drug, waking up sick each morning without it is not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.

Anyways dude. HAHA. That's great you're a level-headed cat. I remember back in the day I used to get such a kick out of railing Roxi 30's with my friends. Opiates were such a gas then. I'd drive around blasting Generic Flipper - they were good times. All the fun you'll have, you don't want to lose that feeling ever.

Tabler Just something to consider. The first few times I got dope sick, I had no clue I was dope sick. I didn't think I used it enough to be dope sick. I did have a long affair w/ oxy b4 hand tho. But in a nut shell man I was goin to the hospital cuz I thought I was allergic to certain foods n shit. Like the only time I was getting dope sick at the beginning was after meals. Like I ate a burger n some fries around dinner time, half hour - hr later I'm so nauseous constantly throwin up shakin. After it happened a couple more times after meals I went to hosp I'm like this only happens after I eat it has to be the food! Docs like you do drugs? I'm like ya dope lmao but @ the time I was super naive, I'd felt shitty b4 from not havin Oxys n shit so I thought I knew what w/d's were like. Needless to say the doc prob wasn't too happy I was wastin all their time w/ the food theory as they said the reason I'm sick is obv from the dope lol, & I'm doing stronger shit then pills so to expect stronger w/d. after that I didn't really notice the correlation w/ meals anymore lol