Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms & Raves

myr

Bluelighter
Hey guys.
I'm attending a Tribal Acid Techno event tonight, no 'cid on my hands but I do have a gram of shrooms. It's not a huge rave where you have no space to breathe, let alone dance, only 200 people or so. This will be my first time shrooming : ) What do you think, how will it compare to LSD in this setting? Is the music enhanced? How social is it? Does it go well with weed?
All answers appreciated ^_^

Your only gunna feel stoned with a gram of shrooms. You need more drugs...

I don't find shrooms to be as suited towards raving but some people prefer them over LSD.
It's up to you but as Freon said you won't be feeling much with a gram of shrooms unless they are liberty caps.
If you smoke weed regularly shrooms and weed go very well together but if you don't have a tolerance to weed it can make the trip confusing; again, with such a light dose I don't think you have anything to worry about

Took shrooms at a rave once, I didn't stick around very long... Their vibe is very different from LSD and (at least to me) not really suitable for partying.

In my experience mushrooms are way more of a mind fuck than lsd. I wouldn't do it at a rave.

Man, these psychs...they're so damn variable. Shrooms were great at parties and outside adventures, but lsd was just relentless on my psyche wherever I was at. My friends are big on lsd, but for whatever reason sometimes I didn't connect with it in a positive way. And even occasional negative experiences would put me off and make me want...something else.

So if I think if the OP can handle lsd, then shrooms (esp at 1g where it's just fun and giggles) would be no problem anywhere. Smoking weed can always increase the effects too. It goes really well with it, and so does music. It definitely makes you more social, or at least want to talk to other people.

Honestly, it could go both ways but this isn't a gamble I would take again... as it's a chance that you will waste your money and leave early, while also having to possibly fight to keep yourself grounded. It's even worse if you came with a bunch of people but have to seperate yourself from your group, which leads to guiltiness of being the debbie downer of the group and the inevitability of getting lost if this rave happens to be one of the bigger events I've taken shrooms at either a rave or party maybe, three times or so? Only once was it pleasant, one time it was managable but not pleasant, and the other time was pure magic. Shrooms are are too unpredictable to be taken with such hedonistic intent.

The time that I took 2gs of pretty average cubes at EDC 09 was hands down one of my top 3 worst experiences of my life. The shrooms made it pretty clear to me that I shouldn't have been so nonchalant about the experience. I felt lost and suffocated in an endless sea of "weirdos". Not that the people were necessarily weirdos, but you know how off the walls people dress for massives. LSD has always been more well suited for a rave.

When it goes right though, it's a feeling that tops MDMA by quite a bit. I felt I was able to channel into all of the positive vibes that were being let out by all the MDMA users and the music enhancement was top notch. I believe the dose was also two grams this time, and the final time was 1.5gs. Walking around in a crowd of sweaty people made for a rough come up, but once sat near the speakers and loaded up a bowl of some bud also the negatives seemed to melt away and i couldn't hold back a huge grin.

I've never done LSD in a crowd, only in a small group. Shrooms on the other hand I have done at concerts. Thankfully you have external stimuli to keep your mind busy but I definitely agree I think LSD is a more social drug

The party is over I'm at work already :D

Those who said I would be stoned were absolutely right. I ate them at 00.30 on an empty stomach with some ginger to tackle possible nausea. By the time it came up properly (02.30) I got bored of the whole thing, time was crawling. I didn't know if I had peaked already or not, the effects changed pretty frequently. The peak intensity was similar to a 70ug acid trip. I had some stomach discomfort until the 3hrs mark then it got better somewhat. The others were doing MDMA but I rolled 2 weeks ago and will do next week so hippyflipping wasn't an option for me (I know it's not one month, but trying to promote responsible substance use here :)). There were minor OEVs and some interesting CEVs. One thing I've never seen before with eyes closed: a face. First, only a pair of eyes looking at me from the patterns, then slowly a whole face emerged. Perhaps the spirit of the mushroom... :) Then someone stepped on my foot, I opened my eyes and it was gone by the time I closed them again. I liked how different the visuals in nature compared to acid, much more organic, fluid-like. I can imagine at higher doses they are as beatiful as 2CB's visuals. Around 04.00 I wasn't feeling good in my body, I was stoned already so decided to smoke a joint (daily smoker here) which helped with my mood at least and the music got a little more psychedelic luckily. I was dying for some goatrance honestly. The joint had no effect on the mushrooms as far as I could tell. 04.30, the visuals died down and I decided to go home because I had to work from 9am. It was nice to take a walk and think through a good bunch of things only to realize the trip was far from over. It was a difficult part mentally and physically too, really introspective, more so than my last 110ug acid trip. Went to bed as soon as I got home (05.15am) and had no trouble falling asleep in a fraction of a second.

I'm not saying this was a bad experience but a good one is definitely not like this. I'll be more careful with the setting next time and figure out some way to reduce nausea, the ginger clearly didn't work. Or if it did I'm pretty sure I'd throw up the shrooms without it :p

One interesting thing: I have psychological problems with mushrooms. I don't eat them as in food but now with the desire to trip, I managed to get over my... fears, so to speak. I'll have some lasagna with shrooms tonight :)

Thanks for the reading and responses. :)

Last edited:
I yawn like crazy and always feel drowsy on shrooms. Took them at a rave once. Dancing was fun, but the best visuals are with your eyes closed - not conducive for dance-floor etiquette. Acid or candy-flipping is better choice IMO.

Bull shit!
You just want to justify your attitude.
Most of us try hard, would appreciate if you don´t place incentives
Harm reduction man..
Be clever
PS: To people that encourage drug taking!!

Last edited: