View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms/LSD dosing?

pigglywiggly

Greenlighter
Hey all, I'm new to BL. So the other day my father have me the drug talk and he told me about how him and his brother used to do psycadelics. He said the hardest trip he ever did was a mix between 2 eighths of Shrooms and 1600 ug of LSD and that he always felt a little fried after that, so I should just stay away from substances. I'm just curious what are the effects of that much hallucinagenics on the brain?

There are no known physically manifested side effects from psychedelics. Anything he's feeling is probably something his mind manifested on its own. I know a few folks who feel they're 'fried' and I know other folks who've used even more drugs than them (myself included) who don't feel 'fried' at all. In the end, whether you become 'fried' or not is completely up to you and your psyche.

That said, those are heroic doses. It doesn't surprise me that that was enough to turn him off of drugs for good.

Last edited:
That^ is not entirely true. Mushrooms dont tend to have any side effects, but large doses of LSD can cause HPPD (look it up), and REALLY bad trips have, anecdotally, been known to cause psychological distress in some people

^You're statement either ignores my word choices or you simply didn't understand the word "physically". Yes, HPPD does exist, it is a phenomena, but I don't see it happen to anyone unless they have a 'bad' trip and are unable to reintegrate it with their day to day life. I'll quote myself for this one again:

In the end, whether you become 'fried' or not is completely up to you and your psyche.

And why would you posit that mushrooms don't cause HPPD, but LSD does? That's certainly not true, any psychedelic can bring on psychiatric symptoms in those susceptible to such things, both 'natural' and 'synthetic' drugs.

A couple of comments -

I've had HPPD on and off; it doesn't particularly bother me. I deal with it by thinking of it as the gift that psychs keep on giving (odd as that may seem). It just is. It's something that comes with the territory of too frequent (for me) psych use. It is what it is.

What does cause me some distress is the occasional flashback. I've had 4, maybe 5 in four years. As far as I can tell, they are related to periods of extreme stress coupled with weight loss and frequent pysch use. They are full blown trips that last about 30ish minutes. I always take these as a sign to slow down.

Bad trips? I'm not sure I've had any. Uncomfortable ones yes, bad I dunno.

Take this for what you will, but my HPPD has been as a result of mushroom/4-AcO-DMT and 1P-LSD. Flashbacks mostly because of the mushrooms

@ 240sxLover While I agree that becoming fried is at least partly due to one's own psyche, I also believe that frequency and degree of psych use plays a part too (although those are a reflection of one's self to an extent). Fried I am not....yet

regards

Tom

Frequency and degree certainly do play their part. I saw a guy scared off from psychs was because he was eating 25i blotters week after week after week. Shit, that would make me wana go sober too. Everything in moderation.

The point is, one massive dose of LSD or mushrooms or whatever can certainly lead to psychological issues that one must face, but physical alterations? No.

That's waaaay too much. If you're ever interested about psychedelics. start with normal recommended doses as posted on Erowid. Don't try to do it just because your father did it. It's not in your genes or blood so you wouldn't be able to handle it, if your friends should ever say anything retarded like that.

@240sxLover thanks for the feedback I believe he stayed clean after that so whatever happened on that trip freaked him out.

@headhigh like 240sxLover said I'm pretty sure HPPD is very rare

@Thomas Davie will take all of that into consideration, thanks

@beefy often I find erowid inaccurate possibly my body's makeup?