View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Shrooms giving a body high, mental and emotional trip

TimTim1993

Bluelighter
I've had shrooms that gave me much more of a body high, mental mindfuck and emotional trip, but not very visual, anyone experience this?

I've had shrooms that gave me much more of a body high, mental mindfuck and emotional trip, but not very visual, anyone experience this?
It goes that way half the time for me.
Maybe I get more visual because I often mix in some THC (drops) during the same day in my coffee.

It goes that way half the time for me.
Maybe I get more visual because I often mix in some THC (drops) during the same day in my coffee.
Yeah when I smoked a joint on shrooms I definitely got the visuals

Upping the dose will eventually get you to visuals, ego death, OBEs and what not. It’s like that with shrooms and with most psycledelics for just about everyone. You wont see many ego death experiences with let’s say BDF or 2c-t-x as at required dose your likely dead too anyway. You won’t see too much deep experiences with something that’s usually considered candy psychedelics like 2c-b of foxy but that’s simply cuz doses and use of those over decades has evolved them more into a party or sex drugs yet they can be pushed to some serious depths without much danger or even much discomfort (well at least compared to stuff really known for heavy body load). There’s also whole range of substances that get you to a weird place, weird enough it stops just about everyone from pushing further with those, and that’s for the better as many of those don’t have established LD50 for mouse let alone apes.

Shrooms are example of a very safe substance in terms of potential harm to the body but are a heavy stuff when it comes to the mind so pushing the limits with same isn’t that often given how common they are, at least in some parts. They do have unpleasant note for many in certain doses, for some on the lower and for some on the higher end so getting to now them slower than some other psychedelics isn’t a bad idea. Going all in with them isn’t a bad idea either, for a person who’s already experienced with psychedelics but leaves a lot of room for both pleasant or unpleasant experience, and that of possibly surprising intensity even for those who tried high doses of acid.

Upping the dose will eventually get you to visuals, ego death, OBEs and what not. It’s like that with shrooms and with most psycledelics for just about everyone. You wont see many ego death experiences with let’s say BDF or 2c-t-x as at required dose your likely dead too anyway. You won’t see too much deep experiences with something that’s usually considered candy psychedelics like 2c-b of foxy but that’s simply cuz doses and use of those over decades has evolved them more into a party or sex drugs yet they can be pushed to some serious depths without much danger or even much discomfort (well at least compared to stuff really known for heavy body load). There’s also whole range of substances that get you to a weird place, weird enough it stops just about everyone from pushing further with those, and that’s for the better as many of those don’t have established LD50 for mouse let alone apes.

Shrooms are example of a very safe substance in terms of potential harm to the body but are a heavy stuff when it comes to the mind so pushing the limits with same isn’t that often given how common they are, at least in some parts. They do have unpleasant note for many in certain doses, for some on the lower and for some on the higher end so getting to now them slower than some other psychedelics isn’t a bad idea. Going all in with them isn’t a bad idea either, for a person who’s already experienced with psychedelics but leaves a lot of room for both pleasant or unpleasant experience, and that of possibly surprising intensity even for those who tried high doses of acid.
I did have a difficult trip when I did 7 grams of Golden Teachers, I became delusional off that dose

Last edited:
I did have a difficult trip when I did 7 grams of Golden Teachers, I became delusional off that dose
That’s a heavy dose I would say. Most I’ve done was 10g, forgot what strain was, definitely not the most potent stuff but a decent stuff.

I too had a hard time figuring out reality. Especially as I was trying to interact with some people and to sort out my relationships. That was quite messy and to this day I’m not sure what exactly happened and what was on the shrooms and what was on the usual unusual happenings I have experienced with those people. Might call all that delusional, probably or simply experiencing a lot of sincronicity and other unusual things that tend to happen during psychedelic experience. Tho in a sense it was more confusing than typical LSD experience. I was also a lot more present than on high dose of LSD, were they really potent I think it might have been opposite. But during rather short peak experience I wasn’t able to interact with my surroundings at all, I can’t say was it OBE or ego death or just dreamy inner shroom created/revealed world and that’s cuz soon after effects got weaker that seemed fogy, very fogy in a sense I wasn’t left with chunks of experience that can’t be put to words and is almost unperceavable while being sober(ish). Instead I was left with one big picture but very foggy, that might have caused illusion of that part of the trip being very short as I wasn’t tracking time but whole trip did last longer than low or medium doses.

What surprised me during that trip, given dose, was a lack of some of not unusual side-effects for the mushrooms like nausea, also trip wasn’t lethargic at all but during less intense part actually pretty energetic and I might say motivating, almost like that feeling of wellness that comes after a good psychedelic experience kicked in strongly even during trip.

That was during episode I was still using benzos and that surely made experience foggier but maybe so anxiety-free too, less intense also. Best thing is I lowered and mostly stopped benzos afterwards.

If I was to have 10g now I’m sure my experience would be a lot more mind-blowing and also life-changing but in a more complex way than “just” stopping some nasty habit.

That’s a heavy dose I would say. Most I’ve done was 10g, forgot what strain was, definitely not the most potent stuff but a decent stuff.

I too had a hard time figuring out reality. Especially as I was trying to interact with some people and to sort out my relationships. That was quite messy and to this day I’m not sure what exactly happened and what was on the shrooms and what was on the usual unusual happenings I have experienced with those people. Might call all that delusional, probably or simply experiencing a lot of sincronicity and other unusual things that tend to happen during psychedelic experience. Tho in a sense it was more confusing than typical LSD experience. I was also a lot more present than on high dose of LSD, were they really potent I think it might have been opposite. But during rather short peak experience I wasn’t able to interact with my surroundings at all, I can’t say was it OBE or ego death or just dreamy inner shroom created/revealed world and that’s cuz soon after effects got weaker that seemed fogy, very fogy in a sense I wasn’t left with chunks of experience that can’t be put to words and is almost unperceavable while being sober(ish). Instead I was left with one big picture but very foggy, that might have caused illusion of that part of the trip being very short as I wasn’t tracking time but whole trip did last longer than low or medium doses.

What surprised me during that trip, given dose, was a lack of some of not unusual side-effects for the mushrooms like nausea, also trip wasn’t lethargic at all but during less intense part actually pretty energetic and I might say motivating, almost like that feeling of wellness that comes after a good psychedelic experience kicked in strongly even during trip.

That was during episode I was still using benzos and that surely made experience foggier but maybe so anxiety-free too, less intense also. Best thing is I lowered and mostly stopped benzos afterwards.
Yeah when I did the 7 grams, I was looking out my front window and there was what looked like a middle aged white man sitting in his car and for a quick second it looked like he was looking at me with binoculars and I became delusional thinking he was an undercover cop coming to get me, it's like his thoughts were invading my thoughts and he was telepathically telling me to go and surrender to him with the rest of the mushrooms. I turned off the TV and went and hid in my room, I felt a strong sense of impending doom going through my body, I went outside and saw that it was two teenagers sitting in the car, and they looked Spanish. The world and everything looked much brighter, more enhanced and vibrant, I could feel the brightness of everything in my body.

I went back in the house and all of a sudden I thought those two kids in the car were gang members coming to kill me. It was very intense. Now the day before I did this, I was stopped by police while I was on a crack binge and a car of Spanish kids pulled up as the police were questioning me. I feel like the shrooms made me delusional over real life events that happened the day before because it was on my mind.

I definitely had visuals thinking that kid in the car was a middle aged white man when really it was a teenager and he looked more Spanish. It was from a distance too, I was inside the house looking out of the window, it's like my vision was completely altered for a moment

Yeah when I did the 7 grams, I was looking out my front window and there was what looked like a middle aged white man sitting in his car and for a quick second it looked like he was looking at me with binoculars and I became delusional thinking he was an undercover cop coming to get me, it's like his thoughts were invading my thoughts and he was telepathically telling me to go and surrender to him with the rest of the mushrooms. I turned off the TV and went and hid in my room, I felt a strong sense of impending doom going through my body, I went outside and saw that it was two teenagers sitting in the car, and they looked Spanish. The world and everything looked much brighter, more enhanced and vibrant, I could feel the brightness of everything in my body.

I went back in the house and all of a sudden I thought those two kids in the car were gang members coming to kill me. It was very intense. Now the day before I did this, I was stopped by police while I was on a crack binge and a car of Spanish kids pulled up as the police were questioning me. I feel like the shrooms made me delusional over real life events that happened the day before because it was on my mind.
Well if you’ve done it day after crack binge, especially without proper sleep and food and rest between that must have changed trip a lot. Sleep deprivation in combo with psychedelics tends to cause problematic experiences and delusions and paranoia occurring are not rare in such case.

Well if you’ve done it day after crack binge, especially without proper sleep and food and rest between that must have changed trip a lot. Sleep deprivation in combo with psychedelics tends to cause problematic experiences and delusions and paranoia occurring are not rare in such case.
Yeah I mean I kinda related it to that, but I don't remember how I slept the night before. But obviously I wasn't in the best frame of mind and my set and setting wasn't too good. So I believe it had some effect on the direction the trip went. It was definitely an experience. I had an ounce of the shrooms and after the 7 gram trip was done I doses a gram at a time many times throughout the night and it made me feel warm and fuzzy body high, I saw things from a new perspective, details of things stuck out alot more and I felt super connected to nature, it made me feel more creative and introspective.

Yeah I ate nothing that day, it was on an empty stomach and the shrooms kicked in within 20 minutes

The best part of the 7 gram trip was when I felt my dad's spirit and presence inside of my body and it's like my thought were his in a way and I broke down in tears. It helped my grief alot

I have always looked at mushroom trips as far more spiritual for me than LSD, particularly on large doses. Now don't get me wrong...I have had hundreds of experiences with both over time, and preferred LSD (and kind of still do) and have had life-altering experiences on both. When I was younger, when I first tried mushrooms, I tended to take smaller dose of say 1 gram or 2, and it was interesting and amusing. But when I finally realized that 4 or 5 grams would be earth shattering, and above that was even more so, I really came to understand how different mushrooms are when compared to other psychedelics. I could go on but won't, but I had some mushroom experiences that I still recall with great clarity because of how moving they were for me as a human being.

I used to grow them and eat them freshly picked, and during that time I pushed the envelope dosage wise, getting into the range of 7, 8 or 9 grams of wet mushrooms (calculating that they are 90% water, of course and weighing accordingly), and I will never forget that period of my life. I remember one evening, on a large dose, I did feel and was convinced that the entire universe was haunted, like some great realization, and that I felt like a Shaman, if you want to use that term, and feeling a magic that I never experienced, really, up to that point.

And this was long after many heroic doses of LSD and some insane trips, so I was already familiar with deep trip spaces and had my mind blown many, many times, but still, these were more deeply spiritual trips and stood alone in the archives of my mind in terms of their power and majesty. And I have always found that big dose the trips were very hard initially on the come up, but healing, and I used to cry what seemed like rivers of tears. mostly late in the trip. And they were tears that needed to be shed, so I did some deep interior work by virtue of these trips and am grateful for having them. The one thing I do dislike about mushrooms is that my nose would run like crazy, my eyes would water incessantly, and I did feel a bit poisoned at times, if you know what I mean. And I tend to piss out every ounce of water in my body which was annoying. But some of the most incredible closed-eye visuals (and plenty of insane OEVs) I have ever had were on mushrooms. Anyway, good luck and stay good. If you find yourself up to large doses, you might be surprised at what you find. I found what I would consider transcendence at very high doses.

As long as it’s not “cuz they are natural” everyone got the right to chose their preference. For they are better cuz they are natural I have one thing to say, try - 4-aco-DMT

I have always looked at mushroom trips as far more spiritual for me than LSD, particularly on large doses. Now don't get me wrong...I have had hundreds of experiences with both over time, and preferred LSD (and kind of still do) and have had life-altering experiences on both. When I was younger, when I first tried mushrooms, I tended to take smaller dose of say 1 gram or 2, and it was interesting and amusing. But when I finally realized that 4 or 5 grams would be earth shattering, and above that was even more so, I really came to understand how different mushrooms are when compared to other psychedelics. I could go on but won't, but I had some mushroom experiences that I still recall with great clarity because of how moving they were for me as a human being.

I used to grow them and eat them freshly picked, and during that time I pushed the envelope dosage wise, getting into the range of 7, 8 or 9 grams of wet mushrooms (calculating that they are 90% water, of course and weighing accordingly), and I will never forget that period of my life. I remember one evening, on a large dose, I did feel and was convinced that the entire universe was haunted, like some great realization, and that I felt like a Shaman, if you want to use that term, and feeling a magic that I never experienced, really, up to that point.

And this was long after many heroic doses of LSD and some insane trips, so I was already familiar with deep trip spaces and had my mind blown many, many times, but still, these were more deeply spiritual trips and stood alone in the archives of my mind in terms of their power and majesty. And I have always found that big dose the trips were very hard initially on the come up, but healing, and I used to cry what seemed like rivers of tears. mostly late in the trip. And they were tears that needed to be shed, so I did some deep interior work by virtue of these trips and am grateful for having them. The one thing I do dislike about mushrooms is that my nose would run like crazy, my eyes would water incessantly, and I did feel a bit poisoned at times, if you know what I mean. And I tend to piss out every ounce of water in my body which was annoying. But some of the most incredible closed-eye visuals (and plenty of insane OEVs) I have ever had were on mushrooms. Anyway, good luck and stay good. If you find yourself up to large doses, you might be surprised at what you find. I found what I would consider transcendence at very high doses.
The first time I did shrooms was when I was 16, i ate half an eighth and I tripped unusually hard for 3 hours, I had full blown visuals, I was seeing colors, patterns, shapes, shadows, and geometric designs on the wall. The floor in the bathroom was rippling. Everything I thought about I could see vividly in my minds eye. It's like I was able to astral project to where ever it was I was thinking about. This was with my eyes open. The body high was very intense.

Now when I did 7 grams, the trip hit me within 20 minutes and I felt an intense body high. Everything became much brighter and colors became enhanced, everything looked so vibrant like I could feel it in my body. With my eyes closed I was seeing colors and shaped patterns. I became delusional like I said above. I thought the guy sitting in his car was an undercover cop coming to get me. His thoughts were invading my thoughts and it was like he was telepathically telling me to surrender to him. Then when I saw that it was only two kids in the car I calmed down. But then I became delusional again thinking that they were gang members coming to kill me. I thought that they were going to open fire at the house so I hid.
Then all of a sudden I felt my deceased dad's spirit inside of my body and I broke down in tears. I felt his presence and I broke down. The phone rang and it was my mother and I thought the delusion fueled police had the phone tapped and when I heard sirens I thought that they were sending an ambulance to get me. The shrooms made me pretty delusional. I think it has to do with the fact I was on a crack binge a day earlier. And I had a run in with the police. So it was on my mind. I slept decently the night before, I ate the shrooms on an empty stomach but my set and setting wasn't too good considering I was on a two day crack binge the two days before .

Last edited:

Yeah the ounce of Golden Teachers I had were mediocre in strength and potency. The visual aspect of the trip wasn't that intense, I had them but it was like the basics when it comes to visuals. The body, mental, and emotional aspect was way more intense, obviously by those delusions I had. Now if they were high potency I'm sure it would have been way more intense

Yeah the ounce of Golden Teachers I had were mediocre in strength and potency. The visual aspect of the trip wasn't that intense, I had them but it was like the basics when it comes to visuals. The body, mental, and emotional aspect was way more intense, obviously by those delusions I had. Now if they were high potency I'm sure it would have been way more intense
Shrooms deep emotional aspects, for me, are significantly more pronounced than with most of the other drugs. In fact stronger than with just about any but 4-aco-DMT ofc and maybe certain emphatogens (αMT on occasions had very strong emotional side a lot more “adult” than MDMA) and few odd exceptions. But shrooms and 4-aco-DMT delivered strong emotional experience every time if dose was moderate or high.