View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms for first time

dood42069

Bluelighter
I am getting a couple grams of shrooms and this is my first time with psychedelics (except DXM). I am planning on taking 2 grams. Would this be good to have a moderate trip?

I am 130 LBS 5' 9"

Thanks for any replies

If the shrooms were stored under good conditions and were moderately potent to begin with then 2 grams should be a great dose.

For me 2 grams is the point where I can say I'm actually tripping and not just kinda stoned, if that makes any sense. If you want an easier to handle experience but an experience that can still be powerful and memorable 2 grams is the perfect dose, at least in my opinion.

That's not to say you can't have a bad trip on 2g's, set and setting will still play a big role.

^^ Set and setting, positive mental state are important factors. I would have a sitter that you trust to watch you and help you. Make sure you are in a good mood. Two grams for a first timer is a pretty decent dose. Make sure you don"t mix any other drugs with it. Maybe have some benzos around, just in case you need them. I highly suggest that you spend time outside, Shrooms always seemed better at a festival or in the woods, Just a suggestion.

Ok I do have a friend that is going to do it with me, 2 grams also. I was planning to do it outside. I do not have any benzos but some hydroxyzine instead. Do you think this would suffice?

First off, the warning was mainly a disclaimer. You and your friend may have a blast.

You should read the psychedelic safety FAQ.

The Hydroxyzine is questionable due to iit being antihistamine, I'd save it to the end. Antipsychotic medicine also works.

If your friend is experienced, that will help.

When you do psychedelics your mindset is the main thing.

The Hydroxyzine afaik shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe someone else will weigh in to make sure.

I have found that if you have safeguards in place, you are more relaxed going into your trip.

You probably will have a great time, but learning to have a back up plan will insure a nice time.

Yeah I didnt think the about the hydroxyzine possibly potentiating the trip, kind of like it potentiating DXM. I will have to do more research and I will also make sure to be in a good mood.

Depends on the quality of the shrooms. you getting natural or hydroponic? Now id say theres no experience with any drug like the first so if i were you id try 3-4 gs just to be certain you will actually get to experience a trip rather than just getting color distortion but i will say dont be indoors man dont limit yourself to a room get out n the nature and you will have a way better time i used to go hike trails tripping balls n really just get n tune with nature thats what alot of people need i think time off technology devices and more gettin in touch with nature, life itself and even you thats one thing i wanna mention it goes much deeper than just "tripping" its more than that its a magnificent experience just after you sober up think what your trip layout was and try to find the sublimimal messaging from your trip hallucingens for me have allowed for me to see and judge my self from a different perspective because while your tripping your ego isnt around you lose the ability to sugercoat your examination on yourself so the idea of you being able to in a way see yourself from another person's eyes allows for you to get a true accurate knowledge of how you actually truly are as a person you in my opinion 100% get more n touch with yourself and grow spirtualy for the better if your observant enough not all get the bigger picture like i said up there its much more of a experience than jus simply tripping well good luck best of my ability to give u advice from my collected knowledge of doing shrooms n lsd more than a couple times

If someone were to take just 1G or 1cap what would that be like? Is it just a body feeling ? Mind load where one would get lost in thought? Would one be totally in control if a situation arises that required their attention?

For someone who has never done any psychedelics other than MDMA, and has no idea what it's like could you help give me an overall idea of what a person could expect to feel and what setting their mind might be in?