View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms first timer

Vaki

Greenlighter
A friend recently got 2g of dried B+ and was wondering a couple of things. Being very lightweight (45kg=~100lbs) and having no previous experience with shrooms and has only tried LSD once (100ug) and MDMA a couple of times what's the dose he should start with? He wants to have a mild trip and feel the nature of the drug being his first time and all. Mild hallucinations like cevs would be nice.

Also, he has heard that they taste awful and that they may cause nausea (my friend gets nauseous relatively easy), so he was thinking of making shroom ginger tea (cause ginger helps with nausea just like making shrooms into tea) to help with nausea and the taste. Do you think that's a good idea? Also if he makes tea will he need more shrooms to have the same effect as eating them? Lastly should he chop them in pieces to make the tea or grind them finely in order to get the best combo of no-nausea and as much effects as possible?

Thanks in advance!

It is very wise to take it easy your first times until you really get a feel for it, slowly working your way up dosage-wise. Mushrooms are natural products and can vary significantly in potency, so you have to account for flukes (unexpectedly high or low potency) even from individual specimen.

But, body weight is not one of the reasons to take it easy IMO. It doesn't seem to play that big of a role as it does with distribution of, say, alcohol in the bodily tissues. I think it is more a matter of serotonin receptor population densities in the neocortex. Which is hard to predict as you cannot tell from looking at yourself. Reaction to LSD is a (weak) indicator, but your reaction to mushrooms can still be different.

Some people have a lot of problems with the taste, others don't. (I really dislike the taste, but I just 'man up' and chew them). Nausea can be produced occasionally by the active drugs in the mushrooms themselves but stomach issues can arise more frequently due to the raw mushroom tissue being very fibrous and tricky to digest. So yes making a tea is one of the strategies to help with that, another one is to chew the mushrooms to pulp for about 10-15 minutes. Tea can reduce potency a little bit, especially when steeped too long in water that is too hot, and also because psilocybian alkaloids remain in the mushroom tissue. So be careful when making the tea, and/or eat the mushrooms you made the tea from which are then cooked and a bit easier to digest. Though it kind of defeats the purpose! =D
Chopping them up increases surface area to make the tea so less will be left in the mushrooms yes.

Somewhere in the range of 1.5-2.0 grams should be decent for what you are looking for. You might wanna go with the lower end now, if you are a patient and smart person and you are fine with trying again incrementally stepping up the dosage.

Mushrooms do taste pretty bad. I'll eat 'em if they're gonna get me high, though.

The first time I ever took psilocybin mushrooms, it was in the form of a tea. Very comparable to eating them, pretty much the same thing actually. I did get nausea (and continue to get "psychedelic nausea" from a variety of substances) and threw up in someone's frontyard, but strangely throwing up in that state wasn't even that unpleasant unlike, say, throwing up from alcohol poisioning. In fact I remember laughing euphorically, throwing up, and then continuing to laugh like a dumb chucklehead lol.

That was an incredible experience and one of the best times I've ever had in my life. Wish I could do psilocybin for the first time again...

They don't taste that bad. Don't eat for at least 2-4 hours before you eat them, and you'll avoid the nausea that some people get.

Since you or your friend has taken 100ug of LSD which is a light dose and you want a light dose of mushrooms just eat 1.0g or even 0.5g; but don't eat more than 1.5g.

Or you could just eat the entire 2.0g I did this my first time and had an incredible ++++ experience.

Just eat them and chew them up, and don't make a tea.