View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms and Music/Entertainment

panda@413

Greenlighter
I a fairly experienced user of shrooms experienced ego death twice and really enjoy doing them, for the introspective revelations and awesome body high. Now ive spoken to other people who have done them and they say music is awesome on them i dont see it at all for me music turns into a random background noise for me i would even say canabis has more music enhancement. Also any kind of tv or movies just seem unintresting to me even if i am watching something as i come up as soon as i feel them come on tv becomes an after thought. I want to know ur experiences with this will lsd be the same for me or is that better for music and or tv/movies. dont get me wrong i love them but their not the drug to enhance music for my its better to go to a park or field and just think maybe with a few people. will lsd be a better drug if i want to hang out and listen to music and go for a walk. Also shrooms its hard for me to walk around until i start to come down.

Everybody's different. Me, I'm a musician, so music can often take a significant role in a trip. But I do notice that recorded music seems relatively dull to me on mushrooms. I crave something live, raw, and acoustic, if anything. Something new, something fresh, something natural--that's what mushrooms is about for me. Sometimes, that's music, but I think more often it is nature. Or silence. I think the best thing to listen to on mushrooms is the ambient chorus of songbirds in a forest.

You'd probably have to love music, no matter if you're on anything or not, to enjoy it on psychedelics. I think it goes well with psychs because when you're on it, it brings out your individual desires and thoughts, which can include many things. One of them is music, obviously.

Just find what you enjoy, and if it can safely be done then do it. We are all different enough where opposite ideas will work out for us.

I've always found both music and movies are a thousand times better on mushrooms than sober. They're good on LSD too but I think mushrooms have the edge.

^I think LSD takes the cake for music euphoria out of any and all drugs, but tomatoes/tamatoes eh?

Mushies certainly work well for it though, certainly better than pot IMO. But maybe I've just abused pot to the point where I can't get music euphoria from it, whereas my psych receptors still have some life left hahah.