View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroom visuals

Lackasham

Bluelighter
So I noticed during my shroom (3.5g) trip it was not very visual at all. It was weird actually during the first few hours I had limited visuals open and close eyed. The experience as a whole for the first 3 hours was actually very underwhelming and I just kept thinking "this is it?"

But then after I went through a scary situation and layed in my bed the intensity picked up incredibly. I had my eyes closed the majority of the time but there were no visuals whatsoever but the auditory effects body high and thought patterns were very very intense

Do most of you find shrooms to be far less visual than lsd? That's the only psych I have to compare it to

Personally, my experience is similar. Not a very visual person. And the experience isn't about the visuals, anyway. It's primarily the consciousness/energetic shift. The visuals, I to me, are secondary. But what do I know? I haven't done *that* much.

I actually found that shrooms gave me the most visuals compared to other psychedelics. Supposedly different strains of shrooms differ in their effect profile. Maybe you didn't have a particularly visual batch, or maybe you are not prone to getting visuals. I used to never get visuals from psychedelics, no spectacular ones anyway. It took a full dose of LSD to "activate" them in my mind, my trips after that first time LSD has made everything more visual because it showed me how to find them. Sometimes you need to try and calm your mind and focus your gaze on one object whilst defocusing/relaxing your eyes. After a while visuals should start appearing (even at pretty low doses this works to an extent).

I'm not sure they have a different effect profile, but they vary in strength & can degrade over time if not stored properly. They're visual if you eat enough, which might only be 2 grams with some mushrooms, or even 7 grams if they're not so good.

I'm very visual on most psychedelics. Mushrooms at 2.0g dried gave me a ++++ experience. At 1.5g they gave me a +++ experience with free flowing visuals, and everything got brighter too. LSD at high doses gave me lots of visuals with fractals, things melting, lots of other visuals, and a ++++ spiritual experience, and at low/moderate doses it gave me a ++, or +++ with colors being brighter, some breathing, and trails.

Certain strains of mushrooms are less visual than others IME. Ive had some killer fuckin visuals from some (kaleidoscope patterns, saturated colors, walls breathing & swirling, faces & body limbs melting, flesh melting, I've seen a whole fucking jungle growing down my hallway for hells sake!) and just a really body heavy, totally anxious mind-fuck from some. I'm sure place & setting Plays into that as well as tolerance, experience, etc. You want some killer visuals....? Mix some MDA with mushrooms, and strap in for some beautiful kaleidoscope visuals and one hell of a body high! My favorite type of "flower flip"!