View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroom trip optimization

Landonb82

Greenlighter
Trying shrooms for the first time this week. Splitting an eigth with a girl I just started hanging out with a few weeks ago. Want to grow as much as possible as a person.. My questions are:

1. Should I trip with her and will I still be able to grow as a person and focus on the areas I need to fix within myself or will it be better to do it by myself?

2. Should I trip indoors at someone's house to be comfortable or should I go somewhere in nature where I can learn?

The come-up of a strong dose of shrooms indoors always feels like the walls are eating me and everything is melting.

It doesn't really matter how well you know someone, as the person you might know best isn't themselves when tripping.

You seem to equal grow with happy.

Have you ever seen "the Trip." It's a pretty stupid movie from a long time ago but he holds this orange and it's all about the meaning of just this orange.

I'm thinking of the grateful dead lyrics "Once in a while you get shown the light. In the strangest of places if you look at it right."

Besides, people are all different. It doesn't really matter how long you've known someone to form a bond. Depends on you. Only you can answer that.

My spacing seems to be based on making it easier to read than on proper paragraphs.

Go into it with an open mind and a humble attitude and you will be okay regardless in a 2 weeks.

I'm not concerned about bonding I was just wondering if I would be more likely to grow if I was by myself?

Meaning that your question has no answer. Books' dope though. You could trip and realize we are all one. You could be alone and have less distractions. You could have a great time with your friend.

But from a harm reduction point of view, you are supposed to trip with people who know more about it than you do.

And since tripping is an amplification of your consciouess awareness, if you have read and researched the medical symptoms that is as far as anyone can provide an answer to you that isn't biased.

^this

being open to personal growth and useful experience is good, but from my experience I can say that it is better not to go into a trip with such strong preconceptions into a trip (easier said than done, I know). Sometimes you'll end up just disappointed because you didn't learn that much and sometimes the answer you get isn't at all what you've asked for, which can be tough.

as for tripping with the girl, if you are comfortable around her and set and setting are good, I don't see an obvious problem with it.

I get stupid urges like "take off all your clothes and dance to dubstep" with shrooms (I said "no" but the urge was still there) so I think I'll take them in private from now on. Shrooms are weird, and revealing, and intimate so I wouldn't trip with anyone I wasn't absolutely sure of.

As far as growth, well if it happens that's cool but I am usually disappointed when I put a lot of expectations into my psychedelics. Just go with the flow, maybe this trip is just for fun, maybe you have some personal breakthrough, maybe you just end up confused for a while with no answers to whatever questions you came in with. With shrooms I feel like you just have to accept whatever trip you get.