• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroom trip altered due to ayahuasca, is this temporary?

psilot

Greenlighter
On day 1, I had my first ayahuasca experience (to be exact, Formosahuasca made in pill form). I did not take a lot as it is my first attemp. So the trip was not that intense and ended within 3 hours. And on day 3, I ate around 3 grams of cubensis. I had around 5~10 shroom trips before. As it is reported by many users, visuals in shroom trip after ayahuasca became similar to that of ayahuasca. But I did not expect the other effects: the usual euphoria did not come this time. Before the ayahuasca trip, 3 grams of shrooms gave me a lot of laughters. The visuals, similiar to that of DMT, were not so enjoyable, and soon I had my first bad trip. It became a panic attack, and I almost called the ambulence. Luckily I got some estazolam at home and it help me calm down.

Two week has passed since the bad trip. Does anyone know that whether the ayahuasca's influnce over shroom is temporary, or permanent? I really miss the energy and euphoria that previous shroom trips gave me. In fact I am using it to treat my depression. If it's permanent, then I may have to use LSD or microdose shroom in the future.

TL;DR : 2 days after ayahuasca trip, my shroom trip experience became similar to that of DMT. Is this change permanent? Does ayahuasca affect other psychedelics' experience as well?

I think quite a few users of psychedelics would view them as being quite powerful in terms of "imprinting". One very powerful example from my own experience was after I had endured a particularly long and profound Salvia trip (40 minutes following a sublingual dose of tincture). I have never in my 40 years of psychedelic use experienced anything remotely as weird or disorienting (nor as healing, fascinating and fabulous!).

Three weeks later I was at a psytrance club having taken, at a rough estimate, around 200 ug acid. 3 hours into the trip and suddenly I was back in the territory of Salvia (Salvialand) for a few moments. Those who've tried Salvia they will know what I'm talking about - it's unmistakable. Unmistakably different from Acid country.

I can only think that the Salvia experience had imprinted itself in my psyche. The good news is it wore off and doesn't happen when I'm tripping now, so perhaps your mushie trips will resume their previous joyfulness.

p.s. Unfortunately 8 years ago at another psytrance party at the end of another super trip I unwittingly drank some water which had a pile of (good quality as it turned out) Ketamine in it. This changed the whole tenor of the gentle come-down and I was thrown into a weird (but fascinating) LSD/K experience. To this day at the end of a trip in a club I get fleeting reminiscences of the same feeling (but much weaker). They keep giving me those "uh uh" moments when I start imagining I've inadvertently drunk some K-laced water again. Of course I haven't, but ......... that's imprinting for you :)

I think quite a few users of psychedelics would view them as being quite powerful in terms of "imprinting".
Definitely true, had that happen to me multiple times! :D

Also, mushrooms sometimes just "punish" you for using the sacred for your own amusement it seems. With DMT, 4-AcO-DMT and Mushies I always feel that I need to humble myself down before the trip or it might get pretty dark, but the dark times teach me a lot about fear, about life and death, acceptance and what is important so I dont treat them as "bad trips". In my definition, "bad trip" would be a physical disaster, like extreme vasoconstriction and pain, passing out, seizures.

Take time off psychedelics and use smaller dose (you can just increment it within an hour) next time! ;)