View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroom Tea Storage

afunplatypus

Greenlighter
Hi. I want to drink some shroom tea later tonight, but my problem is the only time i have to make it is around noon. My question is: Can I make the tea around noon and just keep it in a jar or something and drink it later? And will the potency be the same?

I've made tea and kept it in the fridge, tightly sealed for up to 6 (six) days with no loss of potency, Also, I've frozen the tea into ice cubes, and used them up to 2 (two) weeks later.

So the answer is yes, you're good to go, The caveat with the ice cubes is that when they dissolve in the drink you should stir well.

I kept my tea in a sealed travel coffee mug (plastic).

I threw in a jasmine green tea bag, bit of honey and some lemon juice and had a really nice iced mushroom tea,

Tom

Hey thanks for the reply, Would it still be good if I don't refrigerate it? I don't care if it doesn't taste as good, as long as it's still potent.

Hey thanks for the reply, Would it still be good if I don't refrigerate it? I don't care if it doesn't taste as good, as long as it's still potent.

I don't see why not. We're talking about 4-6 hours, right? Keep it in the dark would be my only advice. When I make mushroom tea, I let the tea steep for 90 minutes before pressing (I use a Bodum tea press). When I make the tea, I use a digital kettle and take the water when it's at 180F, so I don't see an issue (I mean it comes to room temperature slowly, and I've never put hot tea into the fridge or ice cube trays.

For what it's worth I was using 10g dried mushrooms in ~32 oz water.

Tom