View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

shroom storage - beyond the typical Q & A

mushmello

Greenlighter
Someone said that if I store shrooms in the freezer, whenever I take some out, remove my dose from the container quickly then close it and put back in the freezer and don't let my entire stash warm to room temp. This prevents the rest of my stash from getting condensation on it.

Everything else I've read says to let the container warm to room temp before opening it to prevent condensation from getting on the shrooms, Some say wipe the condensation off the container too before opening it. See the contradiction? Perhaps they're referring to a container that only contains one dose?

I have been storing mine in the fridge (in ziplock baggies inside mason jars inside a bigger jar). I have always taken my jar which contains my entire stash out of the fridge for several hours, allowing the condensation to dry before opening. Even in the fridge I see some condensation on the outside of the jar right after taking it out.
If I recall, I don't think I would have time to take out my dose and close it before the condensation forms. It seems to me that if you leave the container outside the fridge or freezer for awhile, the condensation evaporates before you open it. Am I thinking wrong?

Also, if there is any moisture in the freezer, I would periodically need to recharge the silica pack which means opening the whole container. I've notice that in my fridge the silica pack has never needed recharging so there must be very little moisture in the fridge. Btw, desiccants and silica packs don't have to be in the same container as the shrooms do they? Can't they be in the main container?

Also, I read a thread on shroomery.org that says the point of freezing the shrooms is to slow down the oxidation process. Is there any other reason for keeping them as cold as possible other than reducing oxidation?

It says this can also be done by putting a little dry ice in the jar which displaces the air in the jar. Then there is no need to freeze them. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to include the url link.

Others say if using ziplock bags) use a freon aerosol-like canister e.g.: Dust Off, Var-Air or Perfect Duster (1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane) to flush the oxygen from the baggy and from the shrooms themselves. Some say use Argon or CO2 or wine preserver spray. They all do basically the same thing which is to displace the oxygen in the container so there's no need to store them in the freezer.

I am referring to long-term storage btw, e.g.: 10 to 20 years.

Last edited:
If you''re thinking of storing them for a long time wrap half doses in foil, tightly, stick them in a freezer bag, and then put them in the freezer. Everytime you want some take out however much you want to (I say put them in half doses or even by single mushrooms so that you can pick and choose each time how much you want to take.) Once you've taken out the mushrooms you want stick them back in the freezer. Ignore all that condensation bullshit. Even if those mushies look freezer burnt and like garbage they'll still get you high. Take what you need and put them back in the fridge. I say wrap them in foil so that they don't freeze together.

So if I use Argon, Dust Off, oxygen absorbers or suck out the air using a Dirt devil vacuum cleaner with a thin hose attachment to get rid of the oxygen, use desiccants to absorb moisture and store them in a dark place, doesn't that take care of the enemies without having to freeze them? In fact, if there's no air left in the container after using Argon, etc then could moisture still exist if there's no air to get moist? So would I still need desiccants?