PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

shroom pills..?

hjames113

Greenlighter
I just got th an eighth of shrooms pills are they legit
6 pills
if this is my first time doing shrooms how many should I take but I also have done LSD before
also so long do the effects last how long do they take to kick in
I have a picture of them

Hi and welcome to Bluelight / PD :)

We cannot identify the drug, it is against our rules. A picture won't be necessary.
But I'll try to say a few things about this that are not pure speculation and are maybe / hopefully pro-HR.

If they are large capsules filled with crumbly musty smelling stuff that together weigh what dry Cubensis mushrooms weigh, and yes that seems to be the case for you, it is plausible that they are the actually 'shrooms'. You could take out a little bit of the material and place it on a dish or something and put some water on it, only a few drops of it. The material should stain dark indigo blue / blackish. However this is not a guarantee that you do have regular shrooms and that it is safe, it is just an indication.

If they are pressed pills, it is actually unlikely that they contain the substances from mushrooms. It is probably a lot more likely then that you have research chemicals in them with similar action as those of mushrooms.

If they are shrooms, the same rules apply as with whole dry mushrooms (again the species Cubensis are the most common). An eighth is considered IMO not a normal dose but a full, strong dose which even if you have taken LSD before not for the feint of heart. Mushrooms in my experience can be more brutal, more dreamy and more irrational. I'd actually say LSD is easier to handle at low to moderate intensity of effects.
I would take no more than 4 of those pills if the weight is right (try to check it, dump out the mushroom material on a scale - 4 capsules should contain somewhere around 2 grams).

Since this would leave 2 pills and since it is smart to always start low with a substance you never tried before... and since the 2 pills are likely less impressive to take after you have tried the 4 pills, I recommend that if you decide to proceed, to start with the 2. So my answer is 2 or 4.

If shrooms, the main effects should last about 5 hours, they can take about 30-60 minutes to kick in. It is not advised to take more of them if you get impatient or dissatisfied.

Make sure you are in a safe, comfortable and controllable situation (for the duration of the trip) and a stable positive mindset when you take them.

Last edited: