View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroom Grow Kits Shipped in Hot Weather

mushmello

Greenlighter
Does anybody know if shipping in hot weather does any harm to shroom grow kits? I'm talking about the ones that already have the spores in them. What temps should be avoided during shipping?

IMy concern is that where I live, we're getting into temperatures between 95 & 105 degrees. I read on another forum that spore syringes can withstand hot weather for a few days. Some say they can withstand temps up to 105 degrees. But the only info I can find online for shipping grow kits is specific to edible mushroom grow kits and apparently at least one of them is sensitive to shipping in hot weather. One company, for example, won't ship any during summer.

I don't know if the spores inside a grow kit are any more or less vulnerable to hot shipping weather than a syringe or print. Does the type of shroom make any difference as far as hot shipping weather?

Thanks

Last edited:
I wouldn't order spores and substrate together. Spores are legal. Substrate is legal. Spores and substrate together could be an issue.

I wouldn't order spores and substrate together. Spores are legal. Substrate is legal. Spores and substrate together could be an issue.

^???

OP, to answer your question the spores prior to germination can take a bit of heat, just don't leave them sitting on the porch in the sun or inside your mailbox.
After they germinate is when heat is a greater issue...hope this helps.

I also found out that UPS trucks are about 20 degrees hotter than the air temp so when people say what temps spores can handle (let's say 105 degrees) are we talking literally 105 or are we talking 105 air temp + 20 more inside the truck = 125? I guess I should also ask how long they need to be exposed to the threshhold temp. Just briefly? several hours? I wouldn't let it sit long in the mailbox or on the porch but I have no control over how long it sits in the truck.

^Hmm, I've heard about that too. I thought I heard it was 10 degrees F higher, but yeah. There's no air conditioning in there, and packages are placed in the truck in the middle of the night, so they are in there for quite some time.

There isn't much you can do about that though, except to just sign up and get alerts for when your package will arrive. Good luck and hopefully it isn't as hot over there as it is here.

Edit: Wait, I think they do have day time shifts for the package handlers? Maybe you could request that they send you your package in the evening time, though your package might still be in there during the day. Ah, yeah, idk.

A UPS employee told me they put a thermometer in one of their trucks. The air temp was 110. Inside the truck was 157. I'm thinking there might be an accumulative effect with hotter temps. In other words, the hotter the air temps, the more degrees the truck adds. For example if the air temp is say 85, then maybe the truck adds 20 more degrees but if the air temp is 110, then the truck adds 47 more degrees. I'm just speculating though. He also said FedEx trucks have AC in the driver's seat but he's not sure about the back where they put the packages.