View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

shroom caps vs stems

mushmello

Greenlighter
Any difference between stems and caps as far as potency? Some say caps have more psilocybin. Some say caps have more visuals. Some say there's no difference.

From what I understand, that is common myth. I think it's a natural conclusion to assume that the "focus" of the mushroom will have more pscilocybin content. According to "Pscilocybin: the Mushroom Handbook" by L.G. Nicholas and Kerry Ogame (A very good read if you want to start growing!) Pscilocybin is pretty evenly distributed throughout the mushroom.

I prefer the caps to the stems, sometimes the stems can be a bit stringy & maybe a bit harder to digest. I thought the caps were a little stronger & easier to eat, but there is definitely some psilocybin/psilocin in the stems too, I tripped off just stems once to try it.

Myth myth myth, I have a good amount of experience with this and have even had several grows myself, they are both the same!! Anyone who tells you the caps are stronger please tell them to just sell you all of thier stems for cheap LOL. What the guy above me said is true though, the stems are often very hard to choke down especially when bone dry, they want to cling to your throat all the way down. While the caps kinda Crack into crumbs when you chew on them.

personally mushrooms don't seem to have the same amazing visuals as the other substances I've tried, it's just way you more of a mind fuck and I mean TOTAL mindfuck. The visuals to me just seem very sinister where everything is curved, edgy and pointy. It defiantly has a jokerish quality to it. But as to the original question the entire mushroom is all the same done worry if you are sold just stems or just caps. Just worry about the potency of the the shrooms that were grown.

Happy shroomin!

I'm pretty sure that the cap generally contains more psilocybin than the stems, but the stems also contain quite a bit of psilocybin. You can eat stems or caps no matter which one you'll still trip. I'd reccomend eating both though.

I would imagine there is no difference. Maybe there is a tiny little difference like 5-10% but the cap makes up less weight so the stem technically has more (depending some mushrooms are weird) but for the sake of ingestion they are both the same. Next someone will argue that aborts are better 8(

Just eat em!