View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroom Blackouts/ 5g trip report

twilly79

Greenlighter
So, this weekend I embarked on the infamous "heroic dose" of mushrooms. I took around 5.5 g's of dried mushies. I've primarily only taken LSD with the exception of a 2 gram shroom trip about a year ago. I took the shrooms on and empty stomach all in one sitting. I started feeling the effects within 15 minutes. My buddy, my girlfriend and I all decided to go outside and smoke a few bong rips. After this the effects started to hit me at full force. I proceeded to lay in the grass and let the shrooms take me. I started laughing uncontrollably and was enjoying myself. We all then proceeded to go back inside. This is where my memory of the trip goes blank. The last thing i remember is laying on my girlfriends floor laughing and enjoying myself, past that point, I only remember bits and pieces. At this point i had thought that i had fallen asleep. Everything felt like a weird dream at this point. My consciousness was sort of just floating in this black chasm. I would come back into reality briefly (a few seconds to a minute) then i would be gone again. I was completely unaware of my actions on the outside world. My buddy and my girlfriend said i was just laying on the ground, hysterically laughing and shouting random words. I was only some what responsive to their questions they would ask me. By the end of the trip, I was sprawled out naked on my girlfriends bed with her shining her phone light in my face trying to get me to come through. I told her i didn't remember anything that happened, and told her that i thought it was all a dream. I remember little details of the trip, but it all felt like i was having a strange dream. I had apparently even pissed myself at one point during the trip 8o. I was completely unable to control any of my outside actions. It was like my mind had gone into a different plane and my body was left to act for itself.
So my question is, has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? And what could have caused a black out?

Last edited:
That's normal. What you experienced is ego death. Losing your body is common on higher doses. Also, for some people, weed really makes the trip become more unpredictable and crazy.

You deffs reached an ego-death where the body and mind disconnect from each other

Interesting, I had no idea separation of the body was possible in mushies.

well if you only had 2g before, 5g is a very strong dose, even if you're experienced with LSD. the cannabis may have also contributed to making it less clear-headed and more amnesiac. did your friends take the same dose or less than you?

My girlfriend took 1.5 (her first time) and my buddy ate about an eight of stems

Oh, you can lose quite a few hours in a dissociated, dream-state, definitely involving a departure from the body. Yes, it's ego death, and I have had it happen on 5 to 6 gram trips. I recall being "gone", kind of in this crazy, psychedelic hypnogogic state where bizarre stories played themselves out, and it was while listening to music. I was not scared, though, and embraced it. It's happened more than once, and if you take enough AL-LAD, you can have a VERY similar experience. I disappeared on a dose of about 750 ug a while back, with headphones on, and I only had faint recollections of what happened, but it was beautiful in its own way. It was total ego destruction, and I forgot, again, that I even had a body as a vessel. And for the record, I will say that good mushrooms at high doses can give you a fucking beat-down like few other compounds can. Some of the most harrowing experiences I've had were instigated by 5+ grams of mushrooms, ones I grew myself, in fact. I have also had mystical experiences at those doses, where I felt like I was entering "haunted spaces", as weird as that sounds. It was mind-blowing, and again...want to get your ass handed to you? Go big with mushrooms. Not recommending it for those faint-of-heart, but if you are looking for a life-changing experience, look know further. I've taken a lot of LSD in my day, and certainly I consider it the king of psychedelics, but like I said...mushrooms can shatter your reality in a rather big and sometimes frightening way. I have also learned a whole lot about myself using them, and probably have shed more tears on mushroom trips than any other compound.

Last edited: