• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

should we make changing rooms in pools/gyms unisex with private stalls?

Trans people have higher chances of developing a urinary tract infection due to being unable to access the correct toilets whilst out.

I don't understand, what has being transsexual have to do with having a higher chance of developing UTIs? If you're a male disguised as female, you go to a female toilet and do your stuff there; if you're a female disguised as male, you go to a male toilet and do your stuff there... just as undisguised males and females would respectively do. I really don't see the connection.

Why can't transgenders use toilet for their "real" gender? I shared a mirror with a mtf transgender person and didn't feel uncomfortable and there has been plenty of times I have seen females going to male toilets just because there are a lot less waiting when doing that and I don't feel bad for that.

In here it often seems like that male toilets in crowded places are already unisex versions and no one gives a shit about it but if a male would enter a female toilet there might be some consequences.

I hope people realise how gendered toilets and changing rooms cause huge issues for trans people. Trans people have higher chances of developing a urinary tract infection due to being unable to access the correct toilets whilst out. Plus, please don't forget about us Non-binary people. It's near impossible for us.

I would like to know how that works. You'r saying there are germs that select for and only attack trans people in cis-gendered toilets. That is a remarkable finding. Show us the research that backs it.