• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Should the come-up be unpleasant?

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
This stuff was the best so far (or strongest anyways). It was about 250mg. This is how much the seller recommended for a full experience, he said it was real mdma. I know the recommended dose for mdma is about 125mg but I'm always skeptical about purity so I decided on 250mg.

The come-up, though, was somewhat unpleasant. I don't recall any nausea, if there was some, it was minor. I felt dizzy though. And about 40 minutes in, my vision appeared somewhat psychedelic. No visual drifting like acid but more similar to visual changes you'd receive from weed. Also, lights appeared much brighter.

The physical parts didn't really bother me, but I had some anxious feelings and felt overwhelmed a lot. I was with a lot of friends and at one point I decided to remove myself to a quieter area for the come-up, which helped a bunch. But I also used .5mg or 1mg xanax (can't remember which) around 45 minutes in because I wanted to be on the safe side.

Overall, it wasn't too bad of a come-up and there were definitely some enjoyable parts during it, but there were also several times where I felt a type of dysphoric, anxious, psychedelic-ish feeling. However, after the come-up was over, I felt awesome.

I'm considering trying the same stuff again eventually, but I'm wondering if I should lower the dose slightly. Is it normal for the come-up to be somewhat rough or is this a sign that the dose is too high? I've had rolls where the come-up was easy and very fun, but these rolls were usually of less strength and slightly less fun overall.

Thanks!

it varies from person to person. i've never had an uncomfortable comeup myself, and others get one even from low doses. generally the risk of being overwhelmed rises the higher your initial dose is. so yes, doing less would be a good way to make the comup enjoyable again.

if you want a smoother comeup together with a higher initial dose you can stagger your doses a bit. like for instance taking the second half of your dose 15 min later...

Black is right, take a bit less at first and/or stagger your dose...it will be much less overwhelming.

250mg is quite a hefty dose by the way. Have you tested to make sure its MDMA? You unfortunately can't just take people's word for it nowadays.

Even if I tested it, that would only tell me whether or not it's mdma. It wouldn't tell me it's purity so it could still be cut. Like it could be mdma but 50% of its filler so I'd have to take double the amount for the desired dose.

And I'm not trying to avoid an unpleasant come-up. They don't really bother me intrinsically, I actually think they're kind of exciting. I just wanna know if an unpleasant come-up is a sign that my dose is too high, or if it's nothing to worry about.

I bet it wasnt even mdma... yes a comeup can be anxious and nauseating but in the case of such comeup you wouldnt want to remove yourself nowhere because the euphoria will hit you in the face really strong after the comeup ends. Also, taking xanax 45mins into the roll will probably blunt the expeience, save it for later or sustain from it at all. Thats my two cents, everyone is different though

Even if I tested it, that would only tell me whether or not it's mdma. It wouldn't tell me it's purity so it could still be cut. Like it could be mdma but 50% of its filler so I'd have to take double the amount for the desired dose.

And I'm not trying to avoid an unpleasant come-up. They don't really bother me intrinsically, I actually think they're kind of exciting. I just wanna know if an unpleasant come-up is a sign that my dose is too high, or if it's nothing to worry about.
I enjoy a fun ride too, no need to explain on that. But like you said, it could be cut with anything...even something way more potent by weight than MDMA. Better making sure of what you're consuming. A good test kit with 3 tests will be able to tell you if your filler is active or not. But from my experience, from what you described a crazy rush was to kind of be expected from a dose like that of some pretty pure stuff.

You should be testing your drugs.
On topic though I remeber taking a red MK (1st dutchie) and while the come up wasn't unpleasant it was a rough ride ha. The anticipation could have made me shit haha