• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids should opioid manufacturers start using only blister packs? (due to fake fent deaths)

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
a batch of fent percocets imitation just killed 4 in ga and sent many more to the hospital.

what are the chances and who believes that drug makers hould start making bilster packs for all opioids since it would be harder to counterfit a blister pack.

it would be a tacit acknowledgement from makers that these pills go into the black market...what do you think?

I dont see why they would. Plus wouldnt every company that makes generics have to make blister packs? Plus whats stopping someone going through the trouble of making fake pills just making fake blister packs.

Some anti drug types/groups, could like this scare out there to combat the "epidemic"....

I could see how it wouldn't bother certain people and groups of people, if there was something out there to try scare people into not using something... a scare tactic if you will... these same people think along the lines of, after all its just another dead addict. Because anyone out there that dies from these were not getting them from legitimate sources. And if this can scare others into not going that route then its not all bad they might think...

Disclaimer: That's just made up conspiracy theories by me and to my knowledge there is in no way a scare tactic being perpetrated by any of the government agencies (or anyone for that matter) for what ever reason...

This is not good in anyway no matter how the victims came into possession of them.. this is the kind of stuff that could be prevented by legalization or other means... surely not an unwinnable war on the citizens of this country

My heart goes out to the victims and their families

And as to the blister packs they could be easily countrefitted, but will people be willing to do that, probably so but to what degree. But it could possibly in some way decrease the number of illegal pills on the street and in turn the number of fent pills out there..... good or bad thing that is for you to decide. But we can all agree people dieing isn't good but is blisters the answer, there is probably other ways to achieve the same results (if you would even see results from blisters).

I have saw fake alprazolam (Xanax) in blister packs my friend had got... we're they fake I can not be 100% certain as I did not have them tested but they did not work at all...

blister packaging can be tampered with/reproduced pretty easily and yeah i agree that manufactures should go to more effort with their product but if you've just waited an hour and a half for your plug to turn up, you're tired and starting to get sick i doubt the lack of packaging would stop you from taking those pills.

I wonder if/what the effect on cost to consumer this kind of thing would have.

Selling opioids only in blister packs as opposed to 30-100ct bottles I mean, I wonder if it would make the pills cost more per unit.

It might not be a bad idea, but I doubt it would have much of an impact on blackmarket stuff.

ah right right, yeah that does make sense. we don't tend to see many of those big bottles of pills here in the UK - tend to just have them all in blister-strips. and our (no Rx) meds also cost a fucking ton too haha

Blister packs are a pretty easily faked, maybe not by small operations who've gotten hold of a pill press. But there's tons of faked blister packed meds in the UK at least.

Blister packs might have the opposite effect. They could inspire user confidence in the product, so people might skip testing or just trying a little bit. This could actually lead to more overdoses.

Wait, isn't a blister pack really hard to fake? At least to the pharma standard. I mean it's like with anything though.

For example Nike shoes, might not be hard to fake but hard to actually make a fake pair which can make people believe they are real. I think it'd be the same with blister packs, not so hard to fake but almost impossible to fake with enough precision they look like the real deal? I've never heard or came across fake blister packs though, and I'm from the UK where 99% of meds are blister packs.

ALSO, too add to the conversation. If Blister packs actually are easily faked. Couldn't they box the drugs up and add Holograms to the outside of the box and then on each of the blister packs, Holograms are very easily and cheaply made and extremely hard to fake. Also, about the guy talking about making it more expensive. I don't think it'd matter considering most drugs in the USA have a massive mark up, the extra cost for blister packs wouldn't effect profits at all plus when they are making stuff on this of a large scale the price per unit would be so small even if they did add it to your bill you'd not even care.

For example - http://www.packagingdigest.com/smart-packaging/how-holograms-can-stop-counterfeiting

Just a page I found showing some images of what it would look like for holograms on medication boxes etc.

Last edited:
India had blister packs of hydrocodone, tapentadol in india also is in blister packs. codeine from countries in south america is blister packed.

Ha you don't know the US.... Especially with Trump... "American made blisters for drug sounds gud. It means more money can be charged! Then I can finally pay off my debt to the Russ... I mean be rich yay."

Really though holograms aren't hard to fake especially since it would just take some hacker or thief stealing the instructions to build it or I'm sure someone could go the distance to replicate one found on the available packaging