• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Should I worry about travelling with kratom while moving house?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
I know they say 'possession is not illegal' but I am just a worryer.

I have read cases where post psychactive substances bill legal high shop got their laughing gas taken from them even though it is legal. Or more recently a cannabis bud shop got raided even though the police already ok'ed them and knew what they were doing.

I have terrible visions of packing my small stash of kratom in a box and when I arrive to my new place the removals driver is consulting with the police and the landlord (conversely taking it myself I would be in fear of being stopped and searched at any moment); all lying in wait for my arrival at which point I would be summarily arrested and lose my tenancy.

Only one of any manner of things I think about day to day.

I am on a tolerance break at the moment anyway as the effect was so diminished. I was thinking to take a dose or two just before leaving to chill at my old place and maybe a nice phat one on the day as we know it is great for when you have a big job on but I am thinking maybe for peace of mind I will just throw the remaining stash; it is only just over 100g.

It would be one less thing on my mind as moving in itself has enough to think about.

Last edited:
While I would not advertise the fact that you have it, kratom is one of the drugs covered purely by the PSA 2016 alone, so as long as it is a demonstrable personal amount technically you are not committing any offence by possessing it, nor should any LE official or similar crown officers have any grounds to confiscate it.

I have terrible visions of packing my small stash of kratom in a box and when I arrive to my new place the removals driver is consulting with the police and the landlord (conversely taking it myself I would be in fear of being stopped and searched at any moment); all lying in wait for my arrival at which point I would be summarily arrested and lose my tenancy.

:giggle: just a little paranoid.... unless you're moving to a different country then why would there be a problem? Or just keep it with you in your personal bag if you think the removal men might find it

I'm a worrier too, man. I order stuff through the post and I worry that parcels with prescription-only meds will be opened by one of my neighbours

While I would not advertise the fact that you have it, kratom is one of the drugs covered purely by the PSA 2016 alone, so as long as it is a demonstrable personal amount technically you are not committing any offence by possessing it, nor should any LE official or similar crown officers have any grounds to confiscate it.

In the unlikely event you get stop searched is it better to say what it is and that you feel you are within the law rather than go the 'no comment route' as is usually the advice when related to illegals?

If they already thought it wasn't legal they probably wouldn't send you on your merry way right there would they? because the closest thing it looks like to your average policeman would be heroin wouldn't it and that would be a sizable quantity to be carrying around if they thought it was that.

In the unlikely event you get stop searched is it better to say what it is and that you feel you are within the law rather than go the 'no comment route' as is usually the advice when related to illegals?

If they already thought it wasn't legal they probably wouldn't send you on your merry way right there would they? because the closest thing it looks like to your average policeman would be heroin wouldn't it and that would be a sizable quantity to be carrying around if they thought it was that.

Absolutely, what I mean by not advertising the fact that you have it is by concealing it as well as you can and not expose yourself to having to rationalise it in the first place.

I've moved house more than most pikeys and have yet to have a single (reputable) removals firm go through my shit. I wouldn't be too paranoid about it.

I'm a worrier too, man. I order stuff through the post and I worry that parcels with prescription-only meds will be opened by one of my neighbours

Fucking DHL posted my kratom to the wrong house a few doors down and tried to say it's not possible they made a mistake because the GPS on the delivery van showed it was on the correct street. Utter fucking morons.

That said it was a happy ending. The person who received it got around to walking down to mine and posting it through my letterbox on the weekend without opening it. The company I got it from had already sent out a replacement which thankfully DHL managed to put in the right letterbox this time. So I got double the kratom and nice neighbours.

Can't lie though I was getting paranoid about someone opening it and ringing the police thinking it was smack or something.

I tried it a good few times when it was legal. It's pretty decent. Definitely an opiate buzz and quite an enjoyable one too. It's a shame it tasted like shit.

I remember after glade one year we got back to a mates house and all 4 of us took it. One mate felt nothing at all from it, even after taking more and more. The other 2 and myself had red eyes, and felt well chilled, after a sleepless few days of pills and raving at the festival.

The mate who felt nothing was well annoyed/jealous. It's not like he had an opiate tolerance either. So I guess it just doesnt work on everyone?

Fucking DHL posted my kratom to the wrong house a few doors down and tried to say it's not possible they made a mistake because the GPS on the delivery van showed it was on the correct street. Utter fucking morons.

That said it was a happy ending. The person who received it got around to walking down to mine and posting it through my letterbox on the weekend without opening it. The company I got it from had already sent out a replacement which thankfully DHL managed to put in the right letterbox this time. So I got double the kratom and nice neighbours.

Can't lie though I was getting paranoid about someone opening it and ringing the police thinking it was smack or something.

My letters are left in a communal hall so who the fuck knows who has access to them. I prefer picking parcels up from the mail sorting depot - I doubt they have sniffer dogs there 🐕! In any case Kratom is legal to possess so I wouldn't get too stressed about it.

And there's always the option of denying all knowledge of who or why a package was sent to you

I tried it a good few times when it was legal. It's pretty decent. Definitely an opiate buzz and quite an enjoyable one too. It's a shame it tasted like shit.

I remember after glade one year we got back to a mates house and all 4 of us took it. One mate felt nothing at all from it, even after taking more and more. The other 2 and myself had red eyes, and felt well chilled, after a sleepless few days of pills and raving at the festival.

The mate who felt nothing was well annoyed/jealous. It's not like he had an opiate tolerance either. So I guess it just doesnt work on everyone?

Kratom seemed to be hit or miss for me. I think it's easy to take too much and kill any potential buzz - it can be quite subtle. I never really felt any euphoria from it, although some people swear it helps them as a painkiller, and as it's natural there really was no good reason for it to be banned.

as for the taste, that's easily overcome by using gelatin capsules