• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

should i try edibles?

merl1n

Greenlighter
i smoked before with friends and i really loved the feeling. so, i got my hands on some cheap shitty weed and had a pretty terrible experience.

i got high at a dried out lake a few streets away from where i live. it immediately felt weird because i didn't get that nice high feeling and just felt a little headache, thought it just wasn't that strong and that i needed to smoke more for it to kick in. didn't feel anything besides a growing headache so i wanted to get up and go back home, but felt insanely nauseous.
it was so hard to walk properly, my vision was dark and the longer i kept my eyes open, the brighter the colours around me became, almost blinding. when i closed my eyes, it felt like i was physically falling down, deeper and deeper and spinning.
i dragged myself home, feeling like i would pass out any moment. my heart was doing really weird shit, all sounds were weirdly muffled. then i threw up pure spit, made me feel a bit better. when i got home i lied down with my eyes wide open and waited until my heart felt semi-normal again. forced myself to drink some water (helped a lot) and after all that bodily terror, felt that feeling you have the evening or morning after you got high. when you just feel a little more calm and reserved than usual, but not even close to actually feeling high.

i never ever had that before, the weed didn't really smell like it either. it smelled like weed perfume, only those "sweet notes".

heard that edibles have less of those side effects, my question is, should i make some with the rest? i'm definitely never ever going to smoke that again, i'm really sure it wasn't a one-time bad thing but very shit stuff. now it's just lying around. and i also don't know how to make the guy stop bothering me all the time because i'm an anxious awkward wreck

i'm going to guess it was just potent weed and maybe you got a good deal on it if it was described as "cheap". maybe it was stale or something, but still potent. i really have no idea with out seeing or smelling it and even at that point a person still might not know. but as far as "perfume" smell, i've smelt a ton of different smells on weed, so it's really also hard to say. i've smelt weed that i thought smelt like perfume from dispensaries, maybe there is something else out there that they use to lace weed that smells like perfume. i've never heard of it or got any in my twenty plus years of smoking.

edibles will probably make the high a bit different. some people like edibles more and others don't like them as much as smoking or if you are like myself i debate whether or not i like edibles at all. i smoke weed all the time though and love it... personally if you feel like it might've been laced with something, i wouldn't bother putting it into edibles. you could get sick if it were actually laced or get a high you don't like... maybe if you have a bunch of the weed left, have somebody else that's experienced with smoking try it out... if you say you love the feeling of smoking before and this batch made you sick, even it weren't laced it might've had pesticides or something on it. i'm going to say that's probably more common than lacing, but i'm not an expert. i wouldn't want to eat weed that had pesticides in it though.

is there any way to check if it has pesticides in it or if it's safe to eat even if it's laced? i think it has a ton of hairspray in it, so probably not. a friend of mine also said she didn't feel anything after buying from the same guy, could that change when i turn it into edibles? as far as i understood it, edibles only changes the structure but not the "effectiveness"

@merl1n There are plenty of certified labs/testing facilities all over the world, including in places where Cannabis is illegal. Good labs, where the results are certified will cost from $50-400 per sample. In the lab where I worked, we were charging up to $250 Can for non Cannabinoid samples. Pricing structure usually goes Cannabinoid+pesticides (additional cost)+trace metals(additional cost)+ tons of other tests.

Canadian producers are required to do Cannabinoid, heavy metals, pesticides and certain nutrients.

If it's laced then no, it wouldn't be safer because you made it into an edible. Depending on exactly what it is if laced it is possible to make it more dangerous (or dangerous at all)

Eating Cannabis, as opposed to smoking or vaping causes first pass metabolism to take place ins the liver, where it is actually converted into a much more psychoactive format (11-Hydrocy) that's kinda semantics - but an edible high can last for up to 7 hours.

If you really want to do edibles with what you've got, I recommend decarboxylating in the oven on a cookie sheet (220-240F) for 20-40 minutes. Waiting for it to come to room temperature. Crumble/dust it up. Weigh it.

Now this part is subjective but I like to be conservative and overestimate the strength of my black market weed so that my edibles will be weaker then calculated. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 30% THC wt.

So, 10g decarbed weed would be about 3000mg THC. Firecrackers or peanut butter sandwiches are the easiest way to test your decarbed product. Dust the weed on top of the peanut butter. A Stoned Wheat Thin (2 crackers to make a sandwich) is good for up to a gram. A sandwich is good for up to 4g oro so.

Another easy way is to mix decarbed weed into a spoonful of honey and down the hatch. Or making a stovetop Chai Latte with 18% cream.

Good luck and please post with results. But bottom line is I would say fuckit, throw it in the garbage and drop the guy who sold it to you as a connect.

Tom

Last edited:
!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t read shit but the title, but this is my !!!!!FINAL ANSWER!!!!!!!

FUCK YA! Thread answered

Mods, it’s time to close her down

I can't hack edibles anymore. Every time I take them wind up thinking I'm dying of pain in my chest. Not anxiety, like actual full on dying thinking I'm having a heart attack. Think it's possibly something to do with stomach problems I've had going on for a while.

is there any way to check...

TRUST is the main ingredient in cannabis IMHO. Without respect there can be no trust then this whole sand castle crumbles flat, not to mention "expert$"/"$pe¢iali$t$" are most efficient at vilifying on a large scale. For example, the $¢ien¢e of Trudeau finally resulted in Québec's alcohol indu$try "filliale" the SQdC to offer us "stamps", years later well into « légaleezation », 10 x 10 mg in a sealed "child-safe" box costing 30 $. e.g. 3 $ each stamp... That's not only expensive but the buzz is slow to emerge an the taste feels gross. A complete insult but we're still forced/expected to "deal" with a same anonymous abuser or quit.