Should i tell my therapist the truth

Thanks a lot guys. I went and it went really well
I was diagnosed with being bipolar but he doesnt kmow the type yet. I got perscribed Abilify.

I heard ya cant really drink on it so i gotta quit that. Today was my first dose and i was able to go the whole day without drinking, until about an hour ago, had a slight tremor so i drank half a beer.

Has anyone else tried Abilify? Its been giving me crazy closed eye visuals all day and then when i went for a walk to grab the beer i was walking down a dark unlit sidewalk and i swear i could see a person standing there in the distance walking and by the time i got there they were gone, i focused on them the whole time and they faded away. There was nowhere else for them to go.

Gonna call my doc and ask about it tomorrow

It's an impossible question. Don't take it lightly. People will say be honest. I say it is a game of chess. Think about every move.

Good luck to you.

Thanks a lot guys. I went and it went really well
I was diagnosed with being bipolar but he doesnt kmow the type yet. I got perscribed Abilify.

I heard ya cant really drink on it so i gotta quit that. Today was my first dose and i was able to go the whole day without drinking, until about an hour ago, had a slight tremor so i drank half a beer.

Has anyone else tried Abilify? Its been giving me crazy closed eye visuals all day and then when i went for a walk to grab the beer i was walking down a dark unlit sidewalk and i swear i could see a person standing there in the distance walking and by the time i got there they were gone, i focused on them the whole time and they faded away. There was nowhere else for them to go.

Gonna call my doc and ask about it tomorrow
I've been on the maximum dose of Abilify they'll allow for over a decade. I remember starting off at low doses yet I do not recall ever experiencing the visuals you are seeing. Is this your first time taking an anti-psychotic medication?

The first time I got put on AP meds it was a different one but I remember a general cloudiness at first. Wore off after a day or so.

As for drinking, everyone's body is different. I drank a lot in grad school for a couple years while on Abilify. The smart thing to do is, if you plan on drinking, always keep in back of your mind that the Abilfy is there. I do not drive after I've only had one beer because of the Abilify. Get a fucking uber or lyft. And please for gods sake, if you drink, start off small and drink in moderation. Remember your tolerance may change on Abilify where it may not take as much to get drunk.

I would definitely report the visuals to my doctor ASAP. He may just reduce the dose or give you something different. All in all, I have had a positive experience with Abilify. Not the drowsiness of Seroquel or the anhedonia of Risperdal. There are other APs out there, the ones I mentioned are just what I've been given.

I've been on the maximum dose of Abilify they'll allow for over a decade. I remember starting off at low doses yet I do not recall ever experiencing the visuals you are seeing. Is this your first time taking an anti-psychotic medication?

The first time I got put on AP meds it was a different one but I remember a general cloudiness at first. Wore off after a day or so.

As for drinking, everyone's body is different. I drank a lot in grad school for a couple years while on Abilify. The smart thing to do is, if you plan on drinking, always keep in back of your mind that the Abilfy is there. I do not drive after I've only had one beer because of the Abilify. Get a fucking uber or lyft. And please for gods sake, if you drink, start off small and drink in moderation. Remember your tolerance may change on Abilify where it may not take as much to get drunk.

I would definitely report the visuals to my doctor ASAP. He may just reduce the dose or give you something different. All in all, I have had a positive experience with Abilify. Not the drowsiness of Seroquel or the anhedonia of Risperdal. There are other APs out there, the ones I mentioned are just what I've been given.
Thanks thats good to know. Yeah its my first time taking an anti psychotic. As per the drinking im deff not drinking and driving anymore nor drinking to get fucked up, just enough beer to take the anxiety away.

Ive been on Abilify for about maybe 4 or 5 days now i think? I no longer have visuals. Its nice i dont get sad anymore, even when listening to sad songs. I cried watching a movie last night but that shit was TOUCHING. and only a tear or two.

Thanks thats good to know. Yeah its my first time taking an anti psychotic. As per the drinking im deff not drinking and driving anymore nor drinking to get fucked up, just enough beer to take the anxiety away.

Ive been on Abilify for about maybe 4 or 5 days now i think? I no longer have visuals. Its nice i dont get sad anymore, even when listening to sad songs. I cried watching a movie last night but that shit was TOUCHING. and only a tear or two.
That is wonderful. So glad you are feeling better.

I certainly have some secrets I wouldn't tell to my counselor I view them as a guide not a fixer to lead me out of a maze of heavy substance abuse or I would ditch them I might even switch them to a recommended female one but for now he hasn't crossed any lines only met him once.

Now these secrets I wouldn't take one alone with me to my grave or crematorium I will say I would confide them with a Buddhist monk but there are none I trust that much around here well across the border I am not permitted to cross one there could have prevented this pitfall but I got banned from that country shortly after visiting his temple a few times unfortunately.

This says I fear karmic retribution due to beliefs I did not ask to be instilled inside me influenced to study and practice a tradition I met on seeming accident for around seven years before it all went deeper into hell than I could have imagined I cannot continue to point the finger at religion and spirit though.

What says a monk is begging to hear about my despicable deeds? They require support I would pay their temple to listen to what I cannot tell someone I don't believe can spiritually aid me perhaps punishment is due beyond reckoning and so will fall into the deepest level of hell before the universe allows my ragged filthy spirit to step through the gates of a temple or monastery again.

Like how Catholics have confession I want a clean slate I don't believe therapy can do that for this level of transgression

Last edited:
I can't tell my shrink that I drink, because then he would take my Lyrica away. When he started Lyrica, he said that drinking alcohol with it is a big NO. Well, I sometimes drink, because I'm anxious (Lyrica doesn't take ALL of the anxiety away). I was thinking of asking him to prescribe me a benzo, so I wouldn't have to drink alcohol for anxiety, but then I'd have to confess drinking ... complicated.

So what is your depression and anxiety related to? This is the most important thing that you had to describe in detail in order to understand what you need to be treated for. Obviously, until you manage your anxiety, you will not stop drinking. If you are abandoned by a loved one, or someone close died, God forbid, the right solution would be to contact grief counseling counselinginmelbourne.com.au. This is a team of psychologists who, using various psychological techniques, will help you get out of depression and forget about the loss. But, if there is another problem, then most likely you will need to get out from it by yourself. Develop mentally, and then it will be easier for you to cope with anxiety, and then with alcohol. But still, describe in more detail why you have such a bad mental state.

Last edited:
How is all going. I hope you made it through all. Stay Strong.
I learned allot about alcohol on this thread. Like stay away !
And there are different types. Very strong and Too strong.
I hope everything is going good and not all wrong. ♡

Hey guys quick update. Im now on 2mg of abilify, 50mg of lexapro and 25mg of hydroxyzine. When the medications fully kicked in i kinda lost the ability to get really drunk

Nowadays i might crack a tallboy and drink half if i do drink, its no longer everyday.

Things are going well, im back to working (part time, making my way back to fulltime)

Hey guys quick update. Im now on 2mg of abilify, 50mg of lexapro and 25mg of hydroxyzine. When the medications fully kicked in i kinda lost the ability to get really drunk

Nowadays i might crack a tallboy and drink half if i do drink, its no longer everyday.

Things are going well, im back to working (part time, making my way back to fulltime)
Very happy to hear that you're doing better and that you've cut back on the drinking and started working again. It's not easy to turn your life around this quickly like that, but you've done it and you should feel proud of yourself for that.