View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I take half a tab?

MyWifeMaryJane

Greenlighter
I'm going to be grabbing acid tomorrow, an to be quite honest im scared but excited. I feel as if I take the tab fully then I'll have a bad trip an not be able to control my self an start touching and grabbing things that aren't there. Im scared also because I have : Severe Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Bipolar Disorder. I'm not sure what will happen for my first time on acid and if I'll be sensitive to it. I smoke weed everyday but one or two hits because I use to have a tolerance to it before I my best friend left an I stopped smoking, so now If I take more than two hits I start getting out of my mind feeling as if I can't control anything. I've smoked weed for 5 years now. What do you think I should do?

Are you positive that it's actual LSD? Well, I guess you can't be too sure unless you test it. You have to be careful though, there have been a variety of NBOMes that have been sold as acid tabs, and there are reports of fatalities as well as hospitalizations from it. Not trying to scare you, just making sure you're safe.

Anyways, your best bet is to take half a tab and see how it affects you over an hour. You can always take the other half if you aren't satisfied. Taking a half tab will make sure you don't dive right into the trip, and it should be enough to tell if it's real. Plus, you don't know how many mcg is on it.

Are you on any medications for your mental health? They may or may not effect your overall trip. Stay in a comfortable environment, drink plenty of water and keep a trash can nearby. Only saying that because I made the mistake of taking a tab, waiting an hour so I thought it was fake when nothing happened, so I ate another one and it kicked in, HARD. I ended up throwing up four times throughout the night. Have fun!

As a counter point, I've taken not enough (<2 blotters) and regretted it all but once. Not feeling the full effect is a waste to me. You spend the time wondering f you're feeling it, at least that's what happened to me.

However if you're so anxious about it maybe it is best just to try a little bit.

Remember that, after you take a dose your tolerance will be really high. In my experience I needed a week before my tolerance was back to baseline. Otherwise, I'll need a double of the 1st dose or more to trip the 2nd day in a row.

LSD, for me, is rarely blinding visuals. I think of it like sober I have one conscious thought at a time, on weed maybe I'll have 2 at a time, on acid I'll have thoughts on surround sound like 7 at once.
That's not to say your mind can't fuck with you, but it's not like you go into cartoon world or something. IMO.

Are you really sure you want to do psychedelics with the conditions you suffer from? How old are you?
That said, I'm fairly level headed, and only on 2+ I've had the feeling of actually losing control and the potential of a bad trip. On lower doses annoyances won't be nearly as bad. Both caused by unforseen outside factors.
Set & setting, be safe!

I'm going to be grabbing acid tomorrow, an to be quite honest im scared but excited. I feel as if I take the tab fully then I'll have a bad trip an not be able to control my self an start touching and grabbing things that aren't there. Im scared also because I have : Severe Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Bipolar Disorder. I'm not sure what will happen for my first time on acid and if I'll be sensitive to it. I smoke weed everyday but one or two hits because I use to have a tolerance to it before I my best friend left an I stopped smoking, so now If I take more than two hits I start getting out of my mind feeling as if I can't control anything. I've smoked weed for 5 years now. What do you think I should do?

Scared and excited is a great mind set for a trip - what kind of setting are you planning? Your own home knowing your surroundings, the fact that your not rushing things or being caught etc and all lead to a very comfortable and relaxed trip. Set yourself up a play list but make it mixed so your frame of mind is not focused on 'just' Trance, or Metal or vocal etc - have some benzos to hand so you know that IF things go astray you can fall asleep.

Touching things that aren't there is fine :D you will probably find that your touching real objects and wondering, thinking about their origin more than you will be trying to grab imaginary objects. LSD should not amplify your anxiety, OCD etc and you may find the lack of focus to be a comforting relief.

I've tried half a tab a few times, the effects are not incredibly noticeable. Maybe try taking three fourths of the dose. Perhaps try and score some kind of benzo, xanax would work fine. Don't take the xanax unless you need to because it will diminish the effects.

And of course make sure you are in a place you feel very comfortable and have a day of free time. Definitely do not smoke as well. Smoking gives me anxiety sometimes, and really the only times I've felt extreme anxiety on psychedelics was after taking a dab or smoking a bowl or two.

Like with any drug you need to balance having confidence and not getting over the threshold. Threshold doses arn't much fun but they give you confidence for your next slightly higher dose. On balance I'd say taking too much acid is worse than taking too little.

You will be fine on 1 tab if it's 150ug or less

Thank you for qualifying that statement nolys. People who are sensitive to LSD can experience very powerful effects from doses as low as 100 mcg.

OP, I urge you to think about why you want to take LSD, because the conditions you describe can impact a trip. If you do decide to try it, I strongly suggest taking only a half dose.

this is just ME, but when i have pre-trip anxiety (maybe if i'm taking a larger dose than usual)....it all melts away when the trip actually kicks in. for that reason, i think that taking a threshold dose can actually cause more anxiety than a proper dose that results in a real trip.

i would put half in my mouth and make sure it has no taste (NBOMe chems taste very bitter). if it's tasteless and you actually want to trip on LSD, then i would eat the other half right away. 1 hour after taking it, you will have developed tolerance, and taking more is sort of a waste at that point.

or you could just take half this time, and take more next time you trip if you so choose

I'm taking lsd for a spiritual experience. Hoping while meditating I'll go farther than ever and might even find my spirit guide and open my third eye more.

Very helpful. I didn't think my anxiety would melt away, honesty maybe it'll help me let go of my suicidal tendencies and anxiety attacks.

I'm taking the acid for ano intense spiritual experience and I think maybe acid will do that for me, I'm even going to get shrooms and take thoes at a different time.

I'd really think very carefully before deciding to take these drugs. Psychedelics can exacerbate existing mental health issues. Also, I'd highly recommend Welbutrin for your depression and, there's no chemical solution to a spiritual problem.

this is just ME, but when i have pre-trip anxiety (maybe if i'm taking a larger dose than usual)....it all melts away when the trip actually kicks in. for that reason, i think that taking a threshold dose can actually cause more anxiety than a proper dose that results in a real trip.

i would put half in my mouth and make sure it has no taste (NBOMe chems taste very bitter). if it's tasteless and you actually want to trip on LSD, then i would eat the other half right away. 1 hour after taking it, you will have developed tolerance, and taking more is sort of a waste at that point.

or you could just take half this time, and take more next time you trip if you so choose

yeah first no what you are taking? NBOMe drugs are nasty and have low threshold from recreational to death so the drug you haves certainty is the main question here.

if you dont know what you are getting less is more. half a tab or less to make sure its not some superstrong vassoconstrictive mess

after all this yeah a strong dose of LSD can push through the anxiety and body load that low dose trips can be plagued with

Very helpful. I didn't think my anxiety would melt away, honesty maybe it'll help me let go of my suicidal tendencies and anxiety attacks. I'm taking the acid for ano intense spiritual experience and I think maybe acid will do that for me, I'm even going to get shrooms and take thoes at a different time.

Please be careful. If you go into a trip with the hope that it will resolve or even alleviate your mental health issues, you are likely to be disappointed. If you are cavalier with your psychedelic use, you could make your conditions worse.