• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Should I swallow or plug instant-release morphine if I want to get the most from the duration?

FunctionalJnkieGal

Greenlighter
I've always preferred ms contin (extended-release morphine) because of the long-lasting effects but the instant ones are the only kind around right now. I've always just taken the ms contin orally, but with these I don't know which route would be better, but I don't use needles. Never have, never will.

It will last longer orally. Rectal administration is similar to snorting, except its being absorbed through the mucosa of the rectum. It will be stronger rectally however.

Last edited:
Always orally. i've never snorted morph or stuffed it into my ass but trust me, you'll get the most of it via taking it normally i typically have 300mg last a solid 8-10 hours where i don't have much pain and when i do i take my other meds and then take my last 100 at the end of the day

I'm surprised to read you prefer the time-release form to instant, i can't stand not crushing my meds because as far as i've experienced they work exactly as long as extended release but extended seems not to have as much pain relieving quality as taking the entire dose crushed go figure

I actually prefer the extended-release kind because they seem to last longer (in my experience) and I've always taken those orally, but those are hard to obtain these days where I'm from. The only person I know that can get them just got busted recently so I'm paranoid about going through him.

It's about twice as potent rectally with some rush, but oral dosing will make any drug I can think of last the longest of any ROA.