• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Should I stop smoking?

BaconBoy

Greenlighter
Lately ever since school has finished I have been smoking alot more than usual, maybe like 4-5 days a week sometimes less, sometimes more. Regardless Im still a functioning member of society with 2 jobs, playing sport and on my way to university within a month.
Although I and others have noticed that I'm becoming more 'Dopey' and am forgetting a lot of things and I mean A LOT! also I have noticed my lungs are not recovering and have what seems like an eternal cough.
It's affecting my family life as my parents know I do it but don't like it and its affecting my sport because of my lungs.

On the plus side though, I really like weed. Ive been smoking it on and off since I was about 14 (now 18) and I believe it helps me chill out and relieves this knewly found anxiety I have seem to acquired in the past 2 years.
It is also fun and I like to hang out with my friends and do it.

My question is; What should I do? I like weed a lot but I don't know if its worth it or not?

I dunno man, I've been smoking daily, multiple times a day for 6 years now, I can't say I regret it a bit. Do you like it or not? Could always switch to vaping if you're concerned about smoke, it really does make a difference. The high is more subtle though, smoking it is more habit forming.

Of course your parents will never change so it may be easier to quit till you're off and on your own.

ime all that *really* works long-term is having goals and plans for life and then when you can equate every session to X amount of hours lost from working toward your goals then it becomes easier to get motivated about doing things. course, ify ou have nothin else to look forward to but toking then that's sometin you gotta look to changing first

Have weed as a reward after you get your shit done. That always worked best for me when I was in High School doing basketball and running track, and busy with academics. I'd smoke a couple times a week and not notice much difference in my athletic or school performance. I actually got 3rd place in the state for the 400m dash. And this was all the while I was smoking and drinking multiple times a week. When cannabis is used after you get your shit done, it motivates the brain, at least it did for me. I was always like alright I'm gonna study and get this done and then lift/run, and after I'll meet up with my buddies to get high and get some Dairy Queen. This doesn't work for everyone, but I think it starts to become a problem when you wake up in the morning and already wanna get high. I like doing it at night at the end of the day, with nothing else going on. Then you wake up refreshed and repeat the process!

You asked for advice, here’s what somebody who’s old enough to be your grandfather tells you:

As smoking weed clearly impact your life in a negative way, it’s time for you to set rules. Take a sheet of paper and write down honestly what are the negative impacts and read it every morning. Then, set apart ONE moment in the week (Friday night out, Saturday at the beach, anytime you can kick back) to enjoy X amount of weed with your buddies. The other 6 days are total abstinence. If you can’t follow the rules, it’s time to quit for a while, and I mean months or even years. And don’t get me wrong, weed is great and fun.

There are better ways to cope with stress and relax on a daily basis: sex, meditation, yoga, passionate hobby, sport…And above all do not substitute weed for alcohol and other shitty drugs, prescribed or not.

Do not set (or let others set) unrealistic goals for yourself, set apart time to do what you like, do not succumb to the sirens of hyper consumerism.

Life is beautiful, enjoy it with a clear mind!!!

Pops

Smoking good strong organic well flushed weed moderatly is usually no problem for lungs. You can also try to vape or bake some tasty space cakes...

Llewellyn Drury that's really good advice.
I have the eternal cough thing too. It turned into a bout of bronchitis before I realized it was the weed. I would try to stay off it or drastically cut your usage. Long term respiratory problems are unpleasant and very stress inducing, and I found even after a week without cannabis my health was drastically improved.