• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Should I stop smoking daily?

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
Basically I've only been smoking weed on and off for a year now and I am somewhat conflicted. I used to smoke less than once a month and then I went to college and started smoking weekly and then 3-4 times a week. The thing is though is that that was first semester and I would always smoke those 3-4 times with my buddy who deals and smokes several times a day, so basically free smokes since he always invited me. He left this semester and there is no one I have to smoke with and I ended up smoking almost everyday since this semester started. I feel like I should only smoke on weekends just so that it is not expensive and I have something to look forward to but sometimes I question why I do this. It's Monday and I'm trying to not give in, though I have finished all of my work and am having cravings to.

Is it really that bad to just smoke a bowl every night? Am I over thinking?

If it doesn't interfere with your life why should you stop if you like it?

you may not think it interferes but only when you step away from it shall you truly know. It's advised tyo do everything in moderation. If you're not smoking more than a gram personally then I don't see a big prob

you may not think it interferes but only when you step away from it shall you truly know. It's advised tyo do everything in moderation. If you're not smoking more than a gram personally then I don't see a big prob

Amen, Potatoman!

I've been smoking every single day for well over 5 years now, and for the past 2 (1 especially) years it's been less enjoyable everyday. Tolerance is a big factor here, I think, I used to get incredibly silly LSD/Shroom(mild obviously)-like high off 1 joint..of reg! Nowadays I usually burn .5-1gram of loud per sesh depending on time of day etc...the "high" is quite lackluster, but still provides relaxation and some analgesia etc...still decent euphoria(depending on your definition) but quite under-powered if you like.

I'm sort of planning to quit. Recently I've found my self growing more distanced from the herb...mainly (ONLY) due to the fact that it's incredibly expensive (20 $ a gram! the fuck it grows out of the ground guys!!)

Have been for a while..not permanately just weekends, ya know, like you said for something to look forward too, and maybe if I lay off(a lot!) my tolerance will drop down to a comfortable level where I don't have to smoke enough to burn up my throat 5X before getting stoned, lol.

But I digress...heres MY plan to quit;

1.) Purchase 2-4 X the amount you usually buy to smoke. (if you buy a quarter, buy a half)
2.) Reduce smoking frequency by 1/4 or 1/2..
3.)Keep out the amount you normally buy, in your usual stashspot for quick access when you need a smoke, stash the other 8th, Quart, or remaining weed in a safe, well hidden, preferably locked and/or invisible.
(This weed will be weed you want to "FORGET ABOUT", throw it up in the back of your closet, and erase it from your mind the fact you have weed in your closet)
4.) Smoke the least amount possible to be nice and comfortable everyday...it's good if you can cut back just a little .1-.2 gram each day(not too quick!).

The idea here is that having the weed in your closet IME/IMHO removes the sort of "panic" you may tend to feel when you run out of drugs. So knowing the weed IS THERE as a safety net, IF you NEED it, can help a lot with the psychological withdrawal of drugs IMPE.s
From there you can pretty much stop smoking, or have a toke in emergencies only, after a really bad day, or if you get the stomach flu, or even a pretty girl from class wants to smoke & stroke, IT's THERE IF YOU NEED IT, so you don't have to worry about getting more.

As I type this I have a fat 8th of 3 different types of the loudest loud in the south, in my very special *emergency* stashspot. BUT I also have 2 grams in a jar on my nighstand.
The 2gs on the nighstand is the LAST OF MY WEED..in my mind ya understand?

Under all circumstances keep a large-ish emergency stash on hand at all times, because if your like me, the anxiety of running out and scoring more is half the battle.

Everytime I score I splurge and smoke 4 grams that day lol..
Bought a quarter last week and I still have at least 6 gs left which is very unusual for me.

Good luck bros

It really depends on how weed effects you. If you find it makes you less motivated, you'd probably accomplish more if you didn't smoke every day. If it makes you paranoid, you'll probably have a better social life if you don't smoke every day.

Also, what do you mean by "every day?" I see no problem with an adult smoking some herb at night, even every night, but all day every day i GUARANTEE it's having a negative effect, I don't care who you are.