• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Should I smoke less or more?

George1012

Bluelighter
I'm talking about smoking good old cannabis. Unfortunately lately when I smoke I start getting very paranoid. I've been smoking weed off and on for a few years. I've always been a lightweight for the most part. When I start feeling the high I start having really bad thoughts that make me uncomfortable that I can't get rid of. I want to smoke and enjoy cannabis but its been very hard lately. Sometimes the bad thoughts come if the high is too intense. I wonder if I need to smoke more to develop my tolerance or cut back. I smoke maybe 2-3 times a day after work and I only take a couple of hits at the most. I never go above four hits for the purpose of keeping my threshold low. I also drink kava kava and take kratom on the daily. I even take regular yet short t-breaks from weed, I skip 2-3 days out of each week altogether.

nice post i thinkits interesting that you take kratom with weeed. i actually agree ith your threshold idea, its important to know your limit and understand once the top is reached its not necessary to keep going but actually try to invent or reinvent. I find that what happens with the whole anxiety thing is that when the lungs are charred and full of oil, its best if you clear them so that you can regain suplly of oxygen which return is concioussness, which will entail less paranoid. as you clear your lungs via running or breathing/stretching technique, its bet to let your thought surpass and not to dwell let the indica portion of the strain overide your metabolism and then your body will replinish oxygen and begin to relax. now the thoughts no matter how extream you have to remeber they are only thoughts which dont actually entail your future, it could simply be the extension of anothers thought who is thinking about you. so dont worrry once you reach the enlightened phase of the thought you can obtain bliss from accomplishing your doubts and suspicions

Hows it going man? my response to you first off is i believe highly in weeds therapeutic values and i have only good things to say about my green friend lol. Now to adress you getting paranoid first off relax, its not uncommon. Ill tell you my personal opinion on how you can get rid of that paranoia, but this is just my suggestion and opinion you do with the info what you wish. Find out what is causing the paranoia thinking first like is it a worry of being caught? or any other reason only you will know! After you establish what reason makes you paranoid you can then depending on what triggers it before u smoke take steps to ensure a peaceful sesh for example if im paranoid bout getting busted because my windows are open when i smoke i would before i lit up close the window therefore if not completely taking away my paranoia it would for sure ease it you understand my point? Find what triggers it then take steps to fix what causes the paranoia like my example. that might help bro worth a shot from you im hoping. Now secondly these bad thoughts, look even under the influence of weed sure it can change your mood shaping you to have certain thoughts but you must remember at the end of the day your in full controll if you start getting bad thoughts simply direct your mind in a different direction its that simple for example i start getting bad thoughts of say demons well id direct my mind to a subject topic of god or something positive to overcome your thoughts of anything negative you get the point im trying to explain right? Let me know if my advice helped just trying to do you a solid thought maybe i could break thro to you but hey take care n blaze it n praize it lmao!

Oh another thing you said you only hit it a couple times maybe on a weekend try to experiment a little youd be surprised the difference of a few hits compared to say a joint im not saying smoke alot more than normal im jus saying maybe one day get the experience of smoking a bigger quantity you just might have a badass story on your hands afterwards

George, I wonder if your kratom and kava use could be factors in this?
Is there any possible correlation you can think of?
I know kratom has tended to increase my weed highs, even to uncomfortable levels in the past. Seems unlikely kava wouldn't have this effect as well.

Could even be rebound anxiety caused by any of these substances.

My suggestion, based off only the little information I have thus far, would be to decrease your intake. But I'd need additional information to give a more accurate response.

It also depends on what kind of thoughts these are and how they are utilized. I have naturally always gotten anxiety and intrusive thoughts of some kind whilst smoking cannabis, but I've learned how to utilize them well to actually help me in life. But there are some that this can't really be done with too.

-PA

Last edited:
I can't imagine the kava is making you paranoid, but I don't know anything about kratom.

Smoke less, or even just take a solid break (as in weeks/months) would be my inclination.

Slickways hey man whats up? Thanks for your reply. Its funny I think about smoking a higher quantity but I never actually do it. When I'm sober I think, 'oh I could handle taking 2-3 extra hits, maybe even smoking a whole extra bowl,' but after I've had 2-3 hits I'm already so baked its insane and I couldn't actually imagine getting higher without getting sick or something. I always underestimate the power of my buds lol. I have one swaggy-midgrade strain where I actually have to take more then a few hits but all my other strains I can only handle up to 3-4 inhales. When I first started smoking weed a few years ago I'd smoke multiple bowls in a session and would get really really baked but now it feels like only a few hits gets me to the point where a few bowls used to. I just get paranoid about people and getting caught. Yesterday I had a very uncomfortable situation on a hike. Whipped out my bubbler and took a hit and saw four people walking down the trail. Once past a certain point of 'high' I can't be around other people. Its way too awkward and uncomfortable.

I don't know about smoking even less. I've heard contradicting opinions about that. I've even heard it'd be good to smoke more because paranoia seems to be a sign of oversensitivity. I notice when I smoke less or take a long break and then smoke it can be a bit much. I didn't have nearly as much paranoia back in the day when I had a high threshold for good old THC. Also kratom and kava are both very calming and sedating, especially kava. Weed is stimulating in comparison and way more powerfully introspective so being used to the tranquilizing and sedating properties of the other two herbs then dishing out a dose of potent THC can be overwhelming too.

Last night I took like 3 hits of some awesome bud before going to bed, got me pretty baked. I was going to use this to fall asleep but I couldn't sleep. It was a stimulating bud. I started having really bad impending doom thoughts. I laid there in my bed restless for two hours so I went out and smoked just 2 more ashy hits left in the bottom of the pipe and it surprisingly got me much higher. In the past I've had to wait until a high is at least 95% over before smoking more to notice it fully especially if I'm doing the same strain. Was still feeling pretty baked this morning when I woke up 6 or so hours after my last blaze. Still feeling it a little, even now and its been eight hours. Then again I've had reverse tolerance experiences with weed a lot before in the past.

Less is almost always a better choice when it comes to drug use of any kind. Your tolerance will build with extended use. It is kind of silly to try to build a tolerance as it will only cost more and require more of the drug to get less high.

Less is more in this case most definitely.