Social Should I recommend bl to my friend.

JoshLobbs

Bluelight Crew
Hi, I don't know whether or not to recommend Bluelight to my friend. He's coming out the tail end of a bad drug induced psycosis (6 months in psych ward) and I think this place would be good for him to chat and vent about his experience and his meds. He's doing a hell of a lot better than he was, but he is still fragile imo. but he's stopped taking his medication and he has weekly blood tests and a court order saying that if his meds drop below a certain point they will take section him again. I know BlueLight helped me through my own psycosis and i hope it could do the same for him. perhaps i should introduce him to a different forum before inviting him here.

idk if this is the chat for this feel free to move it to an appropriate sub.

Sometimes it’s difficult for new members to see that there are many different sub-forums, each with their own cultures/styles/rules. A person in recovery might get scared off if they land in The Lounge or in Drug Culture where they could easily be triggered. However, if they stuck to The Recovery Forums or maybe Sex, Love and Relationships then they might find talking things through here very productive and helpful for their recovery.

If you introduce your friend, it’s probably a good idea to explain we are a broad and diverse church and there might be some triggering areas but to look further for resources that they will find helpful in other areas.

If you introduce your friend, it’s probably a good idea to explain we are a broad and diverse church and there might be some triggering areas but to look further for resources that they will find helpful in other areas.
That's a great point, thanks.

Moved from TL > TDS

Might be a good fit considering what he is experiencing. Might help him, but then might not. A friend actually encouraged me to join Bluelight, and here I am years later. You never know what your friend might do with Bluelight when/if he joins. He could take it, and run with it and this could be his new home. Or he might find him self in a thread that is actively 'war storying & romancing' drug use and might go down hill.

Hi, I don't know whether or not to recommend Bluelight to my friend. He's coming out the tail end of a bad drug induced psycosis (6 months in psych ward) and I think this place would be good for him to chat and vent about his experience and his meds. He's doing a hell of a lot better than he was, but he is still fragile imo. but he's stopped taking his medication and he has weekly blood tests and a court order saying that if his meds drop below a certain point they will take section him again. I know BlueLight helped me through my own psycosis and i hope it could do the same for him. perhaps i should introduce him to a different forum before inviting him here.

idk if this is the chat for this feel free to move it to an appropriate sub.
Sure why not. I recommend Bluelight to a lot of people. It definitely sounds like he could benefit from talking about his experiences.