• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol should i prepare myself for some withdrawal / detox symptoms?

e92

Bluelighter
say for 8 days straight someone on average has been drinking a few liters of beers a day the first couple days, about 2-3 maximum, for the final 4 days i've been doing a bottle of white wine a day, sometimes in addition to the beers.

ive been doing this pretty much the whole time on an empty stomach or little to no food. i want to stop immediately.. should i expect withdrawals ?

No.

Not unless you were doing it much much longer (years) You're not an alcoholic, you just had 8 days off of work and partied hard lol. (I'm joking, but you know what I mean).

I've taken benzos 3 times a day for 3 weeks and didn't have withdrawal. I was on Lyrica for a year or two and quit because of side effects and never thought about withdrawals.
You're good. I live on the beach and we have parties that last longer. Just stay hydrated when you do drink and you'll be fine.

You may experience some rebound anxiety but nothing serious unless of course you have a history of drinking or using gaba drugs. The kindling effect is real.

Honestly almost all American college kids go on benders 2-3x longer than that on a regular basis. You're fine. Cheers!

No, you should be fine, just keep an eye on your usage so it doesn't get out of hand again.

say for 8 days straight someone on average has been drinking a few liters of beers a day the first couple days, about 2-3 maximum, for the final 4 days i've been doing a bottle of white wine a day, sometimes in addition to the beers.

ive been doing this pretty much the whole time on an empty stomach or little to no food. i want to stop immediately.. should i expect withdrawals ?
I used to drink 5-7 bull ice tall boys a day along with hard alcohol when at the bar. I got picked up on an fta warrant and did 8 days in jail and was forced to detox. It was pretty bad, I was hallucinating and couldn't sleep or eat. If possible you should ween yourself down! If your intake is really bad I recommend you don't quit cold turkey! Just sayin!

I just came back from 10 days on the road, drinking about 4-6 pints a day, plus a bottle of wine. A bit of the ol anxiety on the last day, after adding a few shots of rum at a bar the night before, but was perfectly fine otherwise. Keep up with the probiotics daily, eat well, get sleep in between bouts of drinking, don't drink it all within four hours (for example, a bottle of wine and 6 pints can take me 8-10 hours to go through), and you should generally be fine.

What might fuck you up is the lack of food. Always eat...even if you have to force yourself because your appetite is gone...when you're drinking. For one, it helps slow down the absorption of the alcohol, which can be very important as there is a tipping point after which you're passing out too fucked and will defo feel it the next day. And don't just eat garbage. Nice, healthy meats, eggs, veggies, cheeses. Not this carb-heavy pizza binge shit some people get into.

Yo, @e92 ...how'd it go?