fuck yeA i should
but my rebel bone is like fuck no

gunna have to do a burner, prepaid
so im gunna need an econo one
thats descent

thanks much

ifn any of you aniti smart generation wanna talk me out of it
that would be appreciated too

i was anti smartphone forever. i went from a used flip phone to an iphone 5 just a few months ago. i am very happy with this decision. i could never have imagined how useful a smartphone is. just about anything you want to do, a smartphone will help you with. my attitude will change once i crack the screen.

Don't do it. You are just going to turn into a mindless slave staring at your screen, punching buttons. I don't have a cell phone and it saves me major headaches but I am the type of person who doesn't like to be so available where ppl can get in touch with me always. If I want to talk to you, I'll talk to you.

Don't do it. You are just going to turn into a mindless slave staring at your screen, punching buttons. I don't have a cell phone and it saves me major headaches but I am the type of person who doesn't like to be so available where ppl can get in touch with me always. If I want to talk to you, I'll talk to you.

I like this.

If you are gonna get one, get a cheap WP8, unless you live in the USA of course where iPhones are dirt cheap.

how much does an iphone cost in london? only the first one is relatively cheap in the US. if you break it before 2 years, it's expensive to replace. like expensive enough that you might not. or at least it used to be. i think the new 5c is a cheap version for exactly that situation.

This is great....didn't know there was people like you out there...wish i could throw my phone out the window

First off OP, my condolences. By the looks of your post, you've obviously suffered from a stroke of some sort which has impaired your ability to form coherent sentences. Get well soon.

On the topic of smartphones, I used to think like bagochina. It took me much longer than my peers to get one, but now I can't see myself not owning one. Seeing as I'm not on any social media, I'm not attached to my phone in the sense of always checking updates of other people's status and what not. It's more of a productivity issue; I check and reply to e-mails, use certain apps to check the weather on the go or find new restaurants in the area I'm in. The ability to bring up a map with GPS coordinates has saved me plenty of times. I also use my smartphone to pay for parking meters thus saving me from carrying a pocket-full of loose change, among other small tasks. And don't even get me started on Snapchat!

But if you're looking for a 'burner' smartphone, that's a bit of an oxymoron. I'm not that well-versed in pricing options, but regularly cycling through phones will get expensive after awhile.

Well said. Don't just pass on the smart phone, ditch your existing mobile/cell.

how much does an iphone cost in london? only the first one is relatively cheap in the US. if you break it before 2 years, it's expensive to replace. like expensive enough that you might not. or at least it used to be. i think the new 5c is a cheap version for exactly that situation.

I'm not quite sure where you've heard this from, or where you've read it... but that's kind of bullshit. I'm rocking an iPhone 4, my third one actually. The first one suffered water damage, and I got it replaced at the Apple store for nothing. The second one, I cracked the screen when I dropped it, and once again, Apple came through for me and hooked it up. I'll be upgrading to the 5S or 5C in the next week or so though.

*cut out*

But if you're looking for a 'burner' smartphone, that's a bit of an oxymoron. I'm not that well-versed in pricing options, but regularly cycling through phones will get expensive after awhile.

You can get what are basically "burner" iPhones & Droids now. Pay as you go, no contract type deals. You can get them USUALLY at places like Walmart and shit. So a lot has changed regarding the cheap/burner phone area..

I can see why you would want one, but if it's anything like Smart Water it's a scam. That shit didn't make me smarter at all.

Unless you need mobile internet, the signature feature, there's not much reason to get one. How about you go look at what the carriers are offering in terms of data plans for prepaid or month-by-month and decide for yourself whether you can afford it or not?

Mine just broke, and I'm a bit bummed. I found my phone pretty useful for getting directions while out, as well as looking up info online and sending emails, I sent 90% of my emails from my phone. Im considering switching back to a regular phone because I don't know if its worth the money though - 450 $ for a new iPhone 4s, so hell no they are not cheap in the USA. The main feature I don't know if I can do without is the maps though I got very used to the convince of going anywhere and not really being able to get lost because I could just check my phone and see a little dot for "you are here" on a map.