Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I do 200ug?

PSYK123

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,
I am a pretty inexperienced LSD user (done it maybe around 5ish times), I am wondering wether I should do 200ug? I have done 150 which was a pretty cool but I think I can go deeper into the psychedelic experience. Any recommendations? I've heard that 150 and 200ug are really difference experiences so should I try to only do 175?
And if I only take 150 can I have more or will nothing happen?
Thanks

200 should be fine if you handled 150 well. You should keep in mind though that advertised dose information is rarely correct. So if you?re going to take 2 hits of the same batch as you took 1.5 hits from earlier, it should be fine. But if it is a different batch, you essentially know nothing about the relative strength.

Redosing with acid doesn?t really work due to rapid onset of tolerance. So you take the intended dose in one go.

If you are taking a blotters from the same batch from the same vendor, you are most likely safe.
If you are taking a different batch and/or the vendor is different do not assume the dosage is what stated and even that the substance is LSD.
A safe procedure would be to purchase one blotter, test it with reagent kits and then proceed to buy enough for a few experiences so you know how much you would be taking at least relatively to previous experiences.

Regarding your question, 200ug will mst likely be fine if you could handle 150ug ok.
Set and setting will be a bit more important, and you will be more tired afterwards.

My first dose was 100ug followed by another 100ug 5 hours later. I'm not recommending this but I jumped to 400ug for my second trip, they were lab tested blotters. I've tried 200ug single dose trips and 350ug as well. From my experience I can say that even slightly stronger doses of L completely changes the experience and can cause much different effects, even to the point of blacking out into a trance and you have no idea how much time has passed. Your surroundings and mood can also vastly change the type of trip you have lessening and adding to certain effects of the drug even at the same dosage.
In short I'd say you should be perfectly okay going to 200ug as long as you have a good mindset and appropriate enviroment. Have fun, you have your hands on a wonderful substance.

As the previous posters have said if you're comfortable with 150ug, 200ug should be fine. I only really noticed a big difference when getting closer to 300ug. 360ug was my largest dose and that is a whole different ball game.

Enjoy the 200!

How much does one hit normally have ? (Blotter paper , tabs etc)

Most have between 80 and 125ug, but you really have no way of knowing.
Hits dosed at 180 to 200ug are not that uncommon.
You may find 250ug hits, but they are kinda rare... Sheets that hold more than that are sometimes made but they are limited edition things.

Thanks for the replies,
Yes, these are all from the same batch so same dosage.

Most have between 80 and 125ug, but you really have no way of knowing.
Hits dosed at 180 to 200ug are not that uncommon.
You may find 250ug hits, but they are kinda rare... Sheets that hold more than that are sometimes made but they are limited edition things.

Highest I've got my hangs on have been 160ug. Two of them down the hatch. Aaahhhhh yeah

I had two tabs of 150ug so I did around 170ug in the end because my friend I was tripping with wanted 130ug and it was the most amazing trip I have ever had. :D I should probs write a trip report but if you haven't already look at the clouds on a sunny day. Most spiritual moment I have had in my life.

I believe the average from lab tests in my country is about 60 ug / hit and the standards are definitely not low here.. So yeah there is a significant disconnect between dosages people talk about or what they think is on blotters and what is actually on there. Reviews of darknet vendors probably don't make much of a difference with that either because, like I said: people's expectations are correspondingly lower too or their estimations too high. What can be a difference is LSD analogues which tend to be more honestly dosed, though some like 1P may not pack the exact same punch as regular LSD.

Glad you had an amazing trip... :) In general, if you feel confident it should be fine to incrementally increase your dosage though it is best to do a couple retries with a dosage level to account for variability before going a few steps up in quick succession. Keep the increments reasonable which going from 150 to 200 seems to be, compared to what some people do.
All that is often true for other psychedelics, but not for some which have a non-linear / irregular dose-response curve. With those there can be a particular part of the dosage range where you need to go (much) slower.

Nearing 200 ug and going over it I do agree that LSD can take a turn, the difference can be in how forgiving or relentless a trip is and the ability to withstand weird or difficult effects with your attitude, reflection, critical thinking... I would say that LSD's dose response curve is not all that far from linear, but there can be a threshold where you cross into different territory nonetheless for that reason: when your frame of reference and critical thinking go out the window and the intensity still rises you will need to find different ways of handling the trip by not attempting to manage anything anymore but intuitively letting go. Letting go can become a bit of a habit when you are more experienced, but before that you should prepare to find resistance within yourself.