• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Should have been more careful.

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
To cut a long story short. I've been abusing Dihydrocodeine. To the point where I'm taking 450mg to get a slight calming effect. Been taking as many as 22-23 a day. Now I'm really low on them. N I'm broke. But the urge to swallow the last 30 pills is huge. Any advice? Thank you.

I'd split it into two maintenance doses and use that time to prepare for withdrawl.
good luck

^ this but splitting half again and again to taper down the dosage - either to bridge until you get more money or to make the wds more tolerable

Unfortunately I took half yesterday. I'll use the rest carefully. I'll be more careful in future. Thank you.

split the last half in half, the remaining half in half and then use the remaining pills sparingly. you will find you need relatively little to keep "well". something is better than nothing. If all else fails, look up loperamide. with your dose of DHC you can probably taper down with lope and feel next to nothing withdrawal wise if you do it properly.

I appreciate everyone's input. However. I've resisted temptation since and still have the last 15 pills. I, luckily, have had no withdrawal symptoms. But I will without a doubt, think more cleverly the next time I want to get high on something as/more addictive.

I would go into detox for as long as I could tolerate it then take 5 or 10 just to take the edge off. It will help your supply ask a little longer