• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc should 8 fl. oz. of Robitussin do the trick

JadedTabs

Bluelighter
Just drank that nasty crap about 30-45 minutes ago. I have done Robitussin before but this bottle looked different. Anyone able to answer?
robitussin-dm-max-cough-chest-congestion-8-fl-oz_3642462_175.jpg
bottle looked like this I think

What's in it? What's the active ingredients? You don't know what bottle looked like? You need to try better then that. How the f*** should we know what's in there? If you drank the wrong bottle, at least it was only one.

Again, wrong answer. there could have been any number of things in there. That's what's wrong with your post. Buzzed of fucked up is not a good answer either. The point is , it is irresponsible. You, have to know what's in there. That's your job.

Well, if it's mainly DXM, have a nice trip, but SK has a point - how can you drink an 8oz bottle of anything and not know what's in it?!?

Yea man. Not trying to be a dick, but that was dumb. Glad you threw up. DXM can be bad on its own. You throw high dose phenyleprine or guafenasin (can't spell, but you get it.) in with DXM, you can get real sick.

Never drink something when you don't know the active ingredients, there could be acetaminophen in it, or some other shit you don't want to overdose on. Please just drink sirup you know only contains dxm and no other active ingredient.

I can only concur: Also people wo have not done DXM should ALWAYS do an allergy test first due to the Enzyme-deficiency that a percentage of the population has. If you have it then recreational amounts of DXM can cause serious health complications such as death...

^^ the way DXM makes your body feel (body load), if you had an allergy reaction, that would be the worst reaction. That thought scared me and I drank at lest 100. 8-12 oz bottles of the good stuff. I used to have a little habit about 15 years ago ;) . I don't know if they still make it , but it used to be in a very liquid concentration. I mean real easy to drink. F*** the syrup, extract that stuff. Sorry, bit off topic. READ THE BOTTLE. thank you.

If you had Robitussin DM Max, which is what it looks like, you ingested a lot of Guafenesin as well as the DXM. Being as Guafenesin is an expectorant, take too much and you'll get nauseous, get too nauseous and you'll get sick. Next time please pay attention to the active ingredients and don't go chugging down syrup without knowing what's in it! There's a few good syrups out there, though I'll never be able to drink em. Nasty stuff IMO.

Anyways, seeing as I'm a few days late, I really hope you're okay.

Gaufenesin just causes nausea it isn't toxic at all or at the bare minimum. Like others have said, it wasn't very smart drinking cough syrup without knowing the other active ingredient if it was acitominphen you'd have a slow painful death:)it should also be enough to have fun. So happy tripping

Smart thread of the year award? Seriously, always research and then double research all of the active ingredients before you consume recreational amounts.

Stay safe, please.

Just drank that nasty crap about 30-45 minutes ago. I have done Robitussin before but this bottle looked different. Anyone able to answer?
robitussin-dm-max-cough-chest-congestion-8-fl-oz_3642462_175.jpg
bottle looked like this I think
So what ended up happening? How was your experience? Im guessing not so pleasant since you did not take a product containing only DXM

The trip couldn't have been too unpleasant, if at all. Usually when I throw up on DXM it's the only time I get sick and I feel loads better afterwards. Many people can handle the Guafenesin. Unless the OP spent their night with their head down a toilet, I'm going to assume it went relatively well.

Delsym actually contains Dextromethorphan Polisterix, which is basically extended release DXM. >.<