• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Shortwave radio

paranoid android

Bluelight Crew
Dont know if this is the right forum or not but does anyone here use shortwave or ham radio/ Im thinking about getting one

I have a shortwave radio, in shield land have caught some waves from Asia. an uncle of mine made an antenna with an old umbrella for catching broadcasts from Europe. I've known ham operators but expensive equipment and elaborate antenna setup. I think SDR is getting more common. CB radio I've used but just the cheap Cobra radios for convoy comms.

There used to be a CBC shortwave site out in the marshes in NB near NS, but then they closed it :\

Internet and data signals seems to be the way things are going nowadays, though shortwave is still interesting if you want to catch some signals from far away

One of my friends had a shortwave radio. It was fun as kids, listening into random foreign languages and speculating on where they were

Oh wow, I got one of those back around 1995-96 and used to play with it every night. Unfortunately, back then you needed a long antenna cable that ran out your window and hooked in a tree or something. I never went through all of that trouble, so I could only receive some scrambled stations from around England. It was still pretty cool though, and I still have it. Maybe some day I'll give it an upgrade!