• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Shortness of breath??

nofear_450

Greenlighter
I got off seroquel and klonopin 3 years ago, but I remember when I was going through withdrawals there were times I had a hard time breathing. I never had this problem before. I posted previously that I was on seroquel and klonopin for only 2 weeks and tapered off in the course of 2 months.

I went to the gym today, and I pushed myself a bit harder. When I was taking a shower, I had a hard time breathing. I felt a bit anxious, and was wondering if I have lasting physical effects with my breathing.

I noticed I also would have a hard time breathing when i'm under stress and dealing with anxiety.

I'm not sure if the pollution in NYC is also making things worse, but then again I lived here over 30 years and didn't have breathing issues.

Not a great feeling, but something I try to push myself through. It's a bit concerning but I tell myself it's not that often this happens. I guess pushing myself hard at the gym and increasing my heart rate did something.

Feeling short of breath can be a sign of anxiety or panic.for example when i take amphetamine it often feels like i cant get enough air. Because wheb yiur body thinks your in danger it activates the fight or flight response and signals yiur brain to breathe so you can fight or run at the best you possibly can.

I went home from work early today and layed in bed. The rest really helped out, I think I over exerted myself at the gym (7 straight days of working out).

I still feel my breathing / heart hasn't been the same since the withdrawals from 3 years ago. I'm not sure if there's some physiological after effects from the seroquel or klonopin. It's been many years ago, but I still have some lasting effects (tinnitus, abdominal area feels weird, dizziness (did have vertigo beforehand) and sometimes breathing issues. Just felt so depleted before.

strongly suggest visit to Dr. maybe pulmonary? COPD can be induced by air pollution.