• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Shooting up tapentadol (Palexis retard, Nucynta ER), the biggest drug surprise of my life (so far)

RandomClean3

Bluelighter
I have a decent history with opioids, mostly morphine, but also codeine, tramadol, fentanyl, tianeptine and of course Tapentadol. A few days ago I bought some Palexis retard (Same as Nucynta ER). In the past tapentadol had been a mixed bag. Orally it didn't do much, intranasal was limited to the 50mg IR version, and it was lackluster. Plugging it was the only way to feel what the drug was capable of, and it did ok, like somewhat stronger and cleaner tramadol. This time, I got obsessed with its low bioavailablity (30-35% and decided to go full IV. I extracted the tapentadol from one 100mg pill (Can't say how, I can share a story but not tips) and injected it. 5 seconds later I am overwhelmed. It hit me so fast I was still pushing the syringe when it hit me. To provide a reference point, about 60 mg of morphine IV is needed to get me this high. Full opioid euphoria, all my muscles relaxed to the point that if I had been standing I would have fallen. Right away I had pinpoint pupils. And within the few minutes after injecting I had to make a very strong effort not to pass out. It was at the morphine/fentanyl level I already knew, but I never expected that from this drug.
About 20 minutes ago I took another shot, added 20mg of methylphenidate, it was intense enough to scare me, the methylphenidate definitely made itself heard. I'm drifting so much I need to close my eyes every couple minutes. Itching was like the time I got a 100ml codeine syrup of 60mg/ml, I may rip off by beard by handfuls. And I'm also hallucinating a little.

Anyway, I completely understand the placement of tapentadol in schedule II, this is completely comparable to morphine and fentanyl, only when injecting it though.

Before anyone starts with it, please don't go all ''Tapentadol is shit, try codeine'' ''What?? That's for babies, try methadone'' Everyone's particular metabolism influences the effect of the drug. Not all opioids are cross-tolerant. If you have decreased CYP2D6 function (I think that's me) tapentadol will stay for a longer time in your system. If CYP2D6 is over-active then codeine, tramadol and DXM are more potent. Having said all that, I REALLY didn't expect tapentadol to be this intense when injected. Anyone else who was crazy enough to inject it? Did it have that effect on you?

Last edited:
I never injected it but last year i couldn't get to my methadone and a friend gave me a few.
Way better high then codeine and kept sickness away