• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Shooting Nootropics

dpshaw

Greenlighter
I purchased some adrafinil and phenibut (among other things) last night. As a recent IV heroin user, I'm still very much enthralled with the needle. Both of these are water soluble. Now, I did a little research and learned that shooting phenibut would be like shooting acid into my veins, so that's a non-starter.

I found surprisingly little about adrafinil, however. Now, I know that it has to be metabolized into modafinil by the body before it actually does anything, so I suspect that IVing it would not accomplish anything. Does anyone have any experience to back this up? What if I were to get my hands on some actual modafinil (Provigil), instead? Or, better yet, armodafinil? Those, I suspect, might actually shoot up quite nicely.

On the subject in general, does anyone know any nootropics that are enhanced by IV administration? Perhaps a racetam? I know oxiracetam is water soluble. I've taken phenylpiracetam recently and, assuming the oxiracetam is similar, it seems a potentially good candidate to use this ROA.

I sure dislike the term “nootropic.” But regardless, from what I’ve heard outside of very limited specific circumstances there isn’t a point to injecting any of these drugs you refer to. The costs far outweigh any potential benefits. This stuff does not work like something like heroin when it comes to injection use.

adrafinil needs the liver to be processed i believe and plus it wouldn't really be worth it anyways, get some Tianeptine and try that, you won't be disappointed

Only if they are willing to risk the serious withdrawal syndrome accompanied by tianeptine dependency. But in terms of getting high off more or less legal opioid like substances or injecting quasi-legal substances, it will defectively be of more recreational value, especially IV, compared to phenibut or adrafinil.

Really getting into that, as a former heroin user, is a pretty horrible idea.

if you dislike the term 'nootropic' you probably hate the word 'noot' even more. which is too bad because i love it

anyways yes, OP, you're really not gonna benefit from shooting these types of noots, or any nootropics for that matter, so it'd be safer if you didn't start. that being said, since you probably will, go for the strongest ones, the ones which give clear effects at oral doses. do your homework, but i'd say from experience that phenylpiracetam would be one of them. i've heard pramarecetam is as strong or stronger than phenylpiracetam but i have no experience with this one. sulbutiamine is pretty stimulating actually, you should research that one, i don't know what injecting it would do. adrafinil is in my experience not even remotely fun to take under any circumstance and yes, it is a prodrug for modafinil and injecting it will not somehow make it more fun

get some Tianeptine and try that, you won't be disappointed

Anyone who has a weakness for opioids will find tianeptine problematic. I found initial doses (first of the day) of 120-150mg (sodium) to be on par with 30-40mg of oxycodone. Subsequent doses lack the same “rush,” but the mu agonism is definitely pretty profound, more so than many let on. I always ordered small amounts, and limited my use to every few weeks, but I can see opioid-loving people losing control of their use pretty fast. Classifying it as a “nootropic” is pretty silly, IMO.

Also, do not — for the love of god — try and IV tianeptine.

just please - if you're going to use tianeptine, don't shoot it.

Rereading my earlier post, I didn’t mean to suggest injecting tianeptine is a good idea in any way shape or form.

not specifically directed at you TPD- but seriously, if you think you're going to be tempted to IV it, just stay away. it's not safe and i'd really not advise injecting it.
there have been reports of ODs and complications on here.

Just wanted to clarify :) from what I’ve seen if it’s associated dependency and withdrawal, it sounds beyond horrible. Like kicking an opioid, a pseudo opioid and an antidepressant all in one. I think some of the folks who have shared in SL about their recovery who were trying to come off this stuff or had recently come off it are among the most intense experience of withdrawal I’ve heard anywhere.