• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Shooting methadone?

Piperpeter428

Greenlighter
Hi guys, new here. Experienced heroin user who relapsed after a year clean from dope and has managed so far to confine use to a couple times a week. I?m only shooting a bag at a time. Today I am traveling and couldn?t find H but got 160 mg of liquid methadone. My question is given the amount I have been using how much should I take and also can I shoot it? I?ve never had methadone so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi guys, new here. Experienced heroin user who relapsed after a year clean from dope and has managed so far to confine use to a couple times a week. I?m only shooting a bag at a time. Today I am traveling and couldn?t find H but got 160 mg of liquid methadone. My question is given the amount I have been using how much should I take and also can I shoot it? I?ve never had methadone so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Apologies for late reply, but don't shoot liquid methadone - it's full of shit. 50mg oral should sort you out.

^ start with 40-50, wait at least ~100 minutes to take a small
amou more if needed

Fubar is right, 50mg should be plenty, you don’t have a heavy habit(atm)

Shootimg methadone isn’t as pointless as they say, it’s just not a good idea though, you would need a 5ml barrel syringe to inject 50mg, assuming it’s 10mg/ml; it could be less! So by mouth may be the only one way

Well you could plug it - hope that helps, 40-50, your u may have a buzz

1 "bag" of Heroin in this day and age is a highly vague unit of measurement, so we are already dealing with a great deal of guesstimation. For that reason, I can't recommend starting with anything higher than 20mg-30mg of Methadone. If that doesn't do you after 3-4 hours, then you can use your own biological response to the original dose to estimate a further dose.

Methadone liquid is not to be injected for HR purposes. This practice is typically only undertaken solely by those already in a deep, deep addiction to both Opioids and to the act of injection and with Methadone, serves little more than to do harm. Methadone is highly caustic. It has been known to kill a vein in a matter of just a few injections. There is no reason for it other than to fulfill a psychological addiction to the ROA. It has a great oral bioavailability. This should be a pretty moot point.

Also of note, when clinics dispense 10mg/ml liquid to their patients for take-home doses, it is typically diluted by at least 10 times the original solution. They are not stupid.

I would guess that you'd be fine(as in it won't kill you) taking 40-50mg of methadone, considering you were an IV heroin user for a year, but that's still a LOT of methadone for most people. And you said you've been clean for a year and are only shooting 2 bags a week(or at least thats how I took it) so 50mg should be totally unnecessary, it'd probably have you drooling all over yourself at this point.

I'd say start with 20mg at most. Especially since people who are new to methadone almost always redose before the peak. So if you dosed 50mg and then an hour later weren't where you wanted to be and dosed again you could be in trouble. Methadone takes around 4 hours to peak, keep this in mind. And the high is very different from heroin and taking more will not change that. And the dose which provides a nice buzz can be surprisingly low, much lower than what it will take to start nodding or take the best nap of your life, so it all depends what you are looking for.