• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Shooting Heroin first time

O1s480

Greenlighter
Please excuse the ignorant post I'm about to say and anyone reading don't follow my steps....

I injected twice for the first time tonight. I've been smoking anywhere from 1 to 2 grams of brown powder heroin a day for about 10 months. I dont reslly take breaks and keep a steady high almost all day long. Sometimes even waking up a fee hours into my sleep and taking quite a few hits before passing out again.

Everything I've seen and read said brown powder heroin requires acid to make it soluble to shoot. Hate me all you want here but I took a few drops of pure lemon juice and dropped it on about 0.1 of powder/rock brown heroin. I know it was a dumb choice, I've read it everywhere but it's the only acid I have available. I then heated it a little till everything disappeared to one color and used a filter to pull all the liquid into an insulin syringe. I must have shot up right cause I got a vein real good. Pulled back and tons of blood immediately filled the syringe. Slowly pushed the plunger in. I believe I got it right even more so because I could feel the acid running up my veins. Nothing bad, just itched a few minutes snd that was it.

So I have quite a fee questions. First off, I didnt really feel much of a high. Just slightly slowed breathing. Nothing like what I see on TV where people puke and nod right away. So did I fuck up something? Also, did I even need the acid? Everywhere I read says it HAS to be used for brown powder but I've seen my dealer shoot the same stuff never once using acid. I asked before and she said you dont either. So is this heroin not I'm fact whatever number is brown powder heroin?

If O did it right is my tolerance just too high? I'm also 6 foot 230 pounds and in the gym almost every day. So I'm not a small guy by any means. Just scared of doing more but smoking is getting way too expensive.

Also, I'm in Phoenix Arizona. I know location can make a difference when it comes to the heroin types.

I know that's a lot to read but any clarification would help big time. Shooting scares me enough but I've already made the decision in hopes to save money.

Lastly, as far as setups go I've got everything I need. Hundreds of syringes, alcohol wipes, etc from steroids. So please don't go into using sage needles and what not.

You don't need acid for heroin in the U.S. man, that's only the European #3, ours is all #4.

^I've seen several posts recently from US users that are getting No.3 now so I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Also, don't use lemon juice as it can contain fungal spores that attack your optic nerve. Use citric acid, or even better, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), both easily available.

I'll defer to FUBAR here, he's got more experience in this field than i.

^I've seen several posts recently from US users that are getting No.3 now so I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Also, don't use lemon juice as it can contain fungal spores that attack your optic nerve. Use citric acid, or even better, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), both easily available.

Hes right vitamin c is better

I'm not going to say its not happening, especially since someone anywhere could be setting up shop by ordering a few ounces and flipping it locally, but I highly, highly doubt its getting trafficked in. I know I saw a post where someone was asking about using acid to dissolve heroin that wouldn't dissolve, but it was white, they were from the east coast, and even after the shot just said it felt weak. So I would be confident saying it was just something stepped on really hard, and another thread they admitted to getting it in the mail, I do know on the dark web #3 is more prevalent or if not more prevalent is much cheaper than #4 so it leads to US customers, especially less experienced ones, gravitating towards it.

This guy does says he has been smoking it, which I know is still possible with correctly formulated #4 but very uncommon for ECP style heroin, but I wonder if he has "gunpowder" black tar given his locale and smoking black tar is perfectly normal, but you still shouldn't need an acid to shoot it.

But I well emphasize your point to not use lemon juice by repeating it. DO NOT SHOOT LEMON JUICE IF YOU VALUE YOUR EYES.

I think a much more plausible solution to anything in a shot found in the US not dissolving, is its cut with something insoluble rather than they have #3 heroin. And I would be much more comfortable advising people to try to AVOID shooting whatever won't easily dissolve rather than help them get that shit into their veins.

Nothing like what I see on TV where people puke and nod right away.

For one, fiction found on TV and in movies is not the best source for info on drugs or using them. Two, this applies more to people relatively new to heroin or who have low tolerances or start with a stupidly dangerous amount, if you were safe then I wouldn't expect your first shot to floor you if you have a tolerance, especially if you were already thinking that shooting it is 5x every other route and adjusted your dose accordingly. Smoking heroin takes time but it still has a high BA, but even snorting to shooting only doubles the BA, yes you can get a rush(if its been sufficiently long since your last dose) but the main benefit to IV outside of that first shot of the day is economical. You are essentially doubling your heroin supply, it doesn't turn it into a new drug. With that said, any economic benefit is temporary because your tolerance and hence your use will adjust and soon you will just be married to the needle because it will effectively become very expensive to use any other way. And you WILL start chasing that rush, by taking shots you don't really need(and failing to get much of a rush outside of histamine itches when I didn't have the discipline to space out my doses), causing your use to grow even more; when I started shooting I found 6 months later my habit had grown at a much faster rate than at any other point in my life and I was actually spending more on heroin than ever.

BUT, sometimes you will get a batch that outclasses the rest(or contains fentanyl) and it will provoke this response, usually you'll know it because you'll be picking yourself off the floor 15-30 minutes later wondering how you got there, but if its the same heroin as always then it's all about making the shot big enough, and the needle doesn't guarantee this effect.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info! That dies help clear things up a lot. I'm going to assume it's #4 like bptubbs said. Considering I've never gotten a different type or different but from my dealer and I've seen them shoot many times without adding acid. Maybe they'll throw in some G but that's it.

And thanks for clearing up the puking part. People or TV does make shooting into the biggest rush in the world and since I've been smoking 2 grams a day for months now, maybe I won't get that rush unless trying an stupid amount which I dont like to get that fucked up. Just keep a steady high all day....

And I'll always smoke a good amount before shooting. Even though this dealer has always been consistent I'll still smoke some cause Fentanyl has become more and more common around here. The fake blue Oxys are on the street like crazy. Which you never know if someone accidentally overdosed a pill.

That's a good idea to be safe. What you could do is buy a bag, smoke some the night before to gauge its potency, then do a shot to start the next day, that is going to give you the best rush, unless you can put like 6+ hours between doses the rush is seriously diminished.

The fact that it's brown and you've been smoking it suggests it may be #3 diamorphine base. I believe #4 can be smoked but it has to be cut with caffeine which allows it to vapourise. But regardless of what type of heroin you're using, the fact you've now resorted to the needle is a major turning point. All you have to look forward to now is increasingly fewer veins...

Hey there! I'm both sorry that you are currently addicted to Heroin, but in a twisted way, I'm glad that I can easily answer your question. In the United States, and black tar is excluded from this discussion, there is no chemical reaction required to make Heroin soluble in water. It should readily dissolve in water and requires only limited filtration depending upon the quality and purity. Any other questions?

Well Mr Richards, you seem to be an authority on safe heroin usage. I've been using for 6 months and trying to quit for the last two. I've gone from 200mg/day down to 10-15mg day to 1-2mg every 1-2 days. Those little tiny doses every 24-48 hours eliminate all the PAWS, which is pretty mild. I still have almost a half gram left and have the willpower not to use it and am saving it for a rainy day, recreationaly. Yes I realize this sets me up for failure and a relapse, but it's mind over matter at this point.

My question is if should I be able to acquire it, is #3 more economical, and is it any safer to use than the readily available #4 here on the East Coast? Oh, my preferred ROA is IV

The only way to obtain #3 in the US is from the darknet. IME gram for gram its usually cheaper than #4 online, but potency can vary between vendors so it doesn't mean its more economical. You have to use some kind of acid to IV #3 and this makes it MUCH harder on your veins. But you can smoke #3 and its harder to OD when smoking, so you could argue its safer if using said ROA.

But you are so close to being free, stop thinking this way, don't think you will be able to "chip" once you've been clean for a while, it WILL NOT WORK OUT.

I?ve done plenty ?gunpowder h? from Phoenix Arizona and plenty in California up and down the coast.
It?s 100% soluble in water, no reason to use the lemon. If you can smoke it for sure it?s just tar powder type, and if you see tons of blood shoot back instantly and when you push the rig down you don?t feel immediate pain and swelling, it means you hit. The itching is normal and the feeling going up your arm is normal

Well Mr Richards, you seem to be an authority on safe heroin usage. I've been using for 6 months and trying to quit for the last two. I've gone from 200mg/day down to 10-15mg day to 1-2mg every 1-2 days. Those little tiny doses every 24-48 hours eliminate all the PAWS, which is pretty mild. I still have almost a half gram left and have the willpower not to use it and am saving it for a rainy day, recreationaly. Yes I realize this sets me up for failure and a relapse, but it's mind over matter at this point.

My question is if should I be able to acquire it, is #3 more economical, and is it any safer to use than the readily available #4 here on the East Coast? Oh, my preferred ROA is IV

No. There's no difference aside from the chemistry regarding to make the Heroin water soluble. Purity is purity.