• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Shock after ecstasy use?

Grn330

Greenlighter
So ive been having some weird, shocks you could call them, im not sure how to describe it so just imagine this. About every 20 seconds ill get a really weird electric shock feeling through my entire body that starts at my heart and goes to my knees, finger tips, and eyes and will usually do a "flashbang" effect.

Ive been experimenting to see when it mostly occurs and its usually if im in the same position for a while and it gets more intense until i move or jump up or something, now this is extremely disturbing as I can barely get to sleep without it happening. I have a feeling this is linked with ecstasy/mdma use as about a week and a half ago I had a gram of mdma in one night (not smart i guess but ive learned my lesson) i didnt notice it then as i went onto a flight away but as i returned i have done at least 3 days of ecstasy use this week, which has completely drained my serotonin and yes I understand how dangerous it is ive learned my lesson no need to rant at me.

It is really starting to get to me and would help if someone can share some experience as it really feels like im being dragged into a hole where im completely alone and nothings real. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
These are called brain zaps. They are associated with over use and seen in a lot of people who abuse it.

These are called brain zaps. They are associated with over use and seen in a lot of people who abuse it.
Just thought i'd tell you, ive actually only used ecstasy a few times and by that i mean before these times its only been once

Time. Taking care of you body. Proper diet. Exercise, sunlight, sleeping adequate amounts. Abstaining from other substances. Tbh with some people it goes away after a few days...others months or longer.
Btw did you test your drugs? Because a gram is 10x the normal dose!

Just thought i'd tell you, ive actually only used ecstasy a few times and by that i mean before these times its only been once
How much do you usually dose and are you testing your drugs with a testkit?

Time. Taking care of you body. Proper diet. Exercise, sunlight, sleeping adequate amounts. Abstaining from other substances. Tbh with some people it goes away after a few days...others months or longer.
Btw did you test your drugs? Because a gram is 10x the normal dose!
Ah no sadly, it was that stupid moment where you think "it smells like vanilla lets rack up a line" Im on my cleanse now but i certainly am taking a few more precautions from doing mdxx again. Any vitamins i could take to help?

How much do you usually dose and are you testing your drugs with a testkit?
I usually only do lines with MDMA but with pills ill usually have half of a 200mg pill and maybe few more lines of the pill which would amount to maybe 1 and a half altogether. And no but its defo worth the money now, will smoking weed make the zaps worse or help them?

Last edited:
Ah no sadly, it was that stupid moment where you think "it smells like vanilla lets rack up a line" Im on my cleanse now but i certainly am taking a few more precautions from doing mdxx again. Any vitamins i could take to help?

mdma does not smell of vanilla. methylone faintly smells like that, but smell is a really inaccurate indicator. if you want to have a good idea about what chemicals you would be putting in your body a test kit is an excellent investment.

I usually only do lines with MDMA but with pills ill usually have half of a 200mg pill and maybe few more lines of the pill which would amount to maybe 1 and a half altogether. And no but its defo worth the money now, will smoking weed make the zaps worse or help them?
For me it made them worse, but that's because I am used to smoking before bed, and brain zaps seem to intensify when you're sleepy for some reason. So the weed might be unrelated. At least that's how it's been for me and for a few other people I talked about it with on here. I would indeed get a testkit before you do anything else. They're very cheap if you buy the full testkit which comes in dropper bottles. Store them in the fridge though or they'll go bad fast. That will help you rule out other chemicals as the cause and it will prevent bad experiences in the future

A gram in a night is of course way too much and almost undoubtedly why you are experiencing brain zaps. They will pass in a short while but it's a sure sign you went too far. It's very common after amphetamine abuse/misuse. Also your regular dose, 300mg in a night, is a pretty high one. Not unheard of don't get me wrong, but if you're sensitive to brain zaps or negative after-effects in general it might be worth it to lower your dose and find your sweet spot. The sweet spot being the dose at which the positive effects by far outweigh the potential negative ones. General rule of thumb is about 1-1.5mg/kg for someone without a tolerance. On the lower end of that range if you are female. So for me, male, weighing 75kg that would mean 75-113mg of pure MDMA. And in case I would want to redose, a good idea would be half of the initial dose 1-1.5h after first effects, though the negative after-effects can increase in severity the more you redose. This number of course varies greatly when tolerance, gender, stomach contents, physical fitness,... come into play, so it's a general rule of thumb

For me it made them worse, but that's because I am used to smoking before bed, and brain zaps seem to intensify when you're sleepy for some reason. So the weed might be unrelated. At least that's how it's been for me and for a few other people I talked about it with on here. I would indeed get a testkit before you do anything else. They're very cheap if you buy the full testkit which comes in dropper bottles. Store them in the fridge though or they'll go bad fast. That will help you rule out other chemicals as the cause and it will prevent bad experiences in the future

A gram in a night is of course way too much and almost undoubtedly why you are experiencing brain zaps. They will pass in a short while but it's a sure sign you went too far. It's very common after amphetamine abuse/misuse. Also your regular dose, 300mg in a night, is a pretty high one. Not unheard of don't get me wrong, but if you're sensitive to brain zaps or negative after-effects in general it might be worth it to lower your dose and find your sweet spot. The sweet spot being the dose at which the positive effects by far outweigh the potential negative ones. General rule of thumb is about 1-1.5mg/kg for someone without a tolerance. On the lower end of that range if you are female. So for me, male, weighing 75kg that would mean 75-113mg of pure MDMA. And in case I would want to redose, a good idea would be half of the initial dose 1-1.5h after first effects, though the negative after-effects can increase in severity the more you redose. This number of course varies greatly when tolerance, gender, stomach contents, physical fitness,... come into play, so it's a general rule of thumb
Really appreciate the advice its reassured me i wasnt going mad haha, starting to feel better now had a 2 hour gym session and a run feeling great :) yea i agree i was using far too much, thats the problem with me and chemicals is that ill not know when to stop until the comedown hits :/ Yea i'm male same weight as you so i guess half a pill should do me and then if im wanting more take quarter after the come up :p just deciding to stay off chemicals atm till September I guess. Thanks guys :)!

Hi! Welcome to the forum :)

What you had is called "bran zap", as the guys explained. If you google that, you'll see that is something very common when the people gets off the SSRI (anti depressants). It's linked to the lack of serotonin on your brain, because you abused the sustance.

Most of the people just have them like a week or two, and then it goes away. However, if you still have them after two weeks, or you have trouble sleeping, de-personalization, muscle twitches, or insomnia, you might be experiencing a Long Term Comedown, and this thread here will help you with that: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/759049-MDMA-Recovery-(Stories-amp-Support-3). I've experienced it myself, so ask me if you have questions or comments.

But the most important thing right now is STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS AND ALCOHOL FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS, and I know it sounds a lot, and I know it's hard, but trust me here: you brain is under lots of stress now, and taking another dose will only make it worse: give it time to recover.

Hi! Welcome to the forum :)

What you had is called "bran zap", as the guys explained. If you google that, you'll see that is something very common when the people gets off the SSRI (anti depressants). It's linked to the lack of serotonin on your brain, because you abused the sustance.

Most of the people just have them like a week or two, and then it goes away. However, if you still have them after two weeks, or you have trouble sleeping, de-personalization, muscle twitches, or insomnia, you might be experiencing a Long Term Comedown, and this thread here will help you with that: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/759049-MDMA-Recovery-(Stories-amp-Support-3). I've experienced it myself, so ask me if you have questions or comments.

But the most important thing right now is STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS AND ALCOHOL FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS, and I know it sounds a lot, and I know it's hard, but trust me here: you brain is under lots of stress now, and taking another dose will only make it worse: give it time to recover.
Im only having brain zaps atm, sleeping is fine, same with the others and feeling a lot better about my self and that im "not alone" as you'd say haha. Yea I''ve told myself not even cigarettes for at least a week or 2 just so my brain can unscramble itself. Staying off them is the most difficult time, especially when i have about 5 magnets in my box and not a lot to do with them... Thanks for the info guys really has boosted my confidence to know im not alone!

welcome to bluelight.

i think you answered your own question:
...about a week and a half ago I had a gram of mdma in one night (not smart i guess but ive learned my lesson)...i have done at least 3 days of ecstasy use this week, which has completely drained my serotonin and yes I understand how dangerous it is ive learned my lesson no need to rant at me.
alasdair

I'm in a similar experience now and it's been about 3 weeks since then. Only in my case the problem could be said to be "bad pills". I took 5 pills in the course of a day, had a bad panic/anxiety attack and even called an ambulance for myself from how bad I was freaking out. My heart rate was really high as well as my blood pressure, I eventually came down to where i could breath normally. The side effects i had while coming down were hallucinations, high bp and hr, vertigo like flashes, sweaty hands, tingling and numbing sensations. I learned my lesson on dosing.. Afterwards, up until now, Smoking cannabis which was a regular activity for me before has now become an "if" or "maybe". Can't get the same high , even though it's gotten better as time goes by but i think i should keep away from any subsatances and regain my health from before. I would really like to try pure mdma again , next time have a good source plus test kit. But for a while maybe 3 months stay really clean, I haven't tried working out only because iv'e felt so lazy at times. Definitly will work on that though.