View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shit caps?

blackmetalstoner

Bluelighter
I got some caps for free last night for driving my dude to the pick up. In my town acid and research are the norm while boomers seem to always allude me. Because of this I've only done them 3 times before last night. Once at 18(my first trip) then 2 more times but in combo with L. Well I got home, at 2-2.5 of dried caps. An hour goes by, the tingly feeling starts, disassociation comes maybe 30 minutes later. Colors may have been a bit brighter(I was watching a 4K tv that isn't mine so who knows). Still tho, that's about it. I've read 2 grams is an average dose and since I had work this morning I didn't want the whole 8th. My thought processes weren't really off, just kind of uncomfortable like I didn't do enough to bend reality. So my question is, do these sound weak? I want a good trip, would an 8th take me there you think? Are they worth buying? At I just a retard and forgot what mushrooms are like?

Maybe a little weak... in my experience a full 8th is really damn powerful and it takes a lot of acid to match it.

Mushrooms are natural products though... the potency varies per batch and even per mushroom. How are you weighing them?

It's good not to take a lot the day before work, you'd be better off taking like 3 or 3.5g on a saturday (if normal working week). Just build up your dose with steady increments, don't take any sudden big jumps because it could have easily been weaker mushrooms especially since you didn't try it often yet.
Some people are more or less sensitive but never assume any of that shit until you have quite a bit of experience that just overwhelms the statistics of randomness.

Your trip does not sound unlike that of 2g but 3.5g can be a really different ballgame, at least 35g fresh was for me when I was a novice.

Whether they are worth buying is really a matter of taste. I learned I don't really like them compared to acid or RCs although they were all I did in the beginning (they were legal then here in the NL, truffles still are), but they can certainly be strong, mindfucky and visionary.
If you want more reliable results, buy a whole dry batch and grind them to shroomdust and mix that. Since this would be homogenous the potency would be evened out... but that would probably be an expensive experiment for you and you should shield that dust from degradation.