View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

shelf life of Mimosa/Acacia/ a few oral dmt questions

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
I have had a pound and 18 ounces of hawaiian acacia confusa inner trunk bark sitting around for about 2 years. I've~a pound of powdered Perurvian Torch skins sitting for the same amount of time both in an air conditioned room. Lastly I have had a quarter pound of shredded mimosa root for around a year. All of it looks like it did the day I received it. Should I be worried about any degredation? It is funny cause when I purchased the inner acacia trunk root the vendor claimed that root bark wasn't neccesary for acacia as is for mimosa but is now selling A.C. root at a high price8)

I plan to use the acacia confusia for oral excursions and attempt an extraction with the mimosa. I would however, like to brew one dose of oral dmt from the mimosa an need suggestions for the amount of root in my brew(I was thinking 6 grams for a good experience?). I have 500mg of harmaline freebase and seem to remember sekio suggesting 150mg as a good catalyst.
Any info on shelf life or dosage suggestion would be greatly appreciated.:)

Last edited:
Can't help with the dosage as I've never tried oral, but as far as shelf life goes you should be fine and dandy. You didn't mention if the acacia is powdered or shredded/chipped/whatever. Usually when botanicals are powdered they lose potency within weeks or months, but if kept whole most roots/barks will last years. Of course some alkaloids are more or less stable than others, so it varies a bit, but in general barks and roots keep pretty well if dry and cold.

As far as harmaline goes, people react differently, but personally I can't imagine taking more than 100mg. I think harmaline starts inhibiting MAO around 50mg, but don't quote me on that because I'm a tad rusty. I do know that when I approach the 80mg or more mark I start getting a lot of unpleasant side effects from the harmaline, lots of triple vision, auras on everything, visual "shaking".

Everything is shredded except the peruivian torch skin which is powdered but from what I remember mescaline is pretty stable, right?
Thanks for the info:)

You sure you wouldn't want to do a simple DMT extraction on the acacia? Then you'd know exactly how much DMT you've got. Lot less gut-wrenching tree bark to eat too.

^From everything I've read acacia produces a goo like substance, due to it containing substantial amounts of NMT, I'd really prefer to end up with a powder/crystals instead of goo. Also, the acacia is "inner trunk bark" because at the time the vendor claimed that acacia confusia did not require root bark such as mimosa but the site is now selling acacia root bark which makes me wonder if the amount of dmt in the trunk bark is worth the trouble of an extraction. I forgot to mention that the mimosa, peruvian torch, and 18 OZs of hawaiian trunk bark has been in an air tight container. While the pound of A.C. has been in a zip lock bag in an air conditioned room.

Last edited:
It's quite easy to get crystals from acacia, actually. Sometimes it gives goo, but that too can be re-x'd to get crystals. Or you can precipitate the nmt from the crude extract with dry ice, that way you can keep the DMT and have the NMT to play with.

But the trunk bark probably won't give crystals.

^Good to know, thanks:). I didn't figure I would get crystals from the trunk bark so I thought I would save it for oral excursions and use the mimosa for an extraction save 4-6 grams for a single ayahuasca trip sense there seems to be a lot more info out there when it comes to mimosa compared A.C. Thank you both for your input.