• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

shelf life of amanita muscaria? acid in a hotel?

curiosity

Bluelighter
Okay so I was supposed to be picking up acid for the first time today and I was going to give a tab a test run this weekend since i'm going to have the house to my self but that was delayed, and i've got nothing to do for the weekend but I remembered having some amanita muscaria sitting in a box in my closet somewhere, but it's been there for atleast a year would it still be any good? Also for when I do get the cid since i'm not sure if ill get another convenient weekend with the house to myself for a while would it be to uncomfortable of a setting to do it in a hotel room do you think? Lately I tend to be pretty uncomfortable out in public on drugs :\

don't know about the amanita sorry, but the acid trip seems like a bad idea.
you'll be in an unfamiliar and closed setting and you can't "escape" because if you go out it'll likely be full of people.

save it for a better occasion or maybe do it in a park or in the woods or something.

I might look for a secluded forest or do it while people are at work then around the time they're supposed to be home to for a walk, hopefully I don't lose track of time though and leave to late

About the shelf-life of amanita's: it depends.

Amanita Muscaria contains ibotenic acid and muscimol which is the active chemical. Muscimol is less stable than ibotenic acid. Ibotenic acid can be converted (by 'treatment') into the active muscimol.
So it depends on how your Amanita's were processed before they were sold to you.
By the way if you take ibotenic acid, some of it is converted to muscimol in your body.

Ibotenic acid has a lot more side effects and is technically even potentially neurotoxic.

What this means is that it is always smart to buy Amanita's untreated, and to always use them fully treated.
I believe treatment involves drying, but especially with heat. So if they were dried without heat, that would be a mild form of 'treatment'.

Hmm interestingly DMSO is apparently very effective at this conversion, I have some... would be good to remember.

Whether a hotel room is fine completely depends on your experience level, your mindset and the dosage. It is a potential risk, so I would not attempt it unless I were very confident looking at the aforementioned factors. As for you, in that case you wouldn't have asked here, so no.

For a first time, I wouldn't do it in a hotel. Heck, I had the option to do it in a hotel recently, and declined despite experience. Hotels are freaky even without drugs man.

They were already dried when I bought them, as to how they were dryed i'm not sure but I ordered them off of what was one of the top sites for legal substances at the time and as for the acid it will be my first time so I think ill definitely steer away from the hotel room

Good thinking... as for the Amanita's: look up information about how to prepare them, choose a good moment with proper set and setting, and start low.

amanitas are either bunk or pretty weak i'm thinking, made some tea last night with about 4 grams just to get a feel for the substance and barely felt anything, probably just placebo and being tired but i may take another go at it today/tonight with 8 grams and see what happens

I for one love tripping in hotel rooms. As a matter of fact I try to make it a point to trip every time I say in a hotel, mostly because I cannot trip at home but also because it reminds me of fear and loathing=D. That being said, it may not be ideal for your first time.

I wouldn't do it in a hotel room. You'll be in an unfamiliar environment that you can't leave from and probably won't be to big or interesting. Sounds like the recipe for a bad trip. Ketamine is fun in hotels, especially if you're in one with a big french bath tub with jets and have a balcony. Me and my ex got some really strong K once and did it at a boutique hotel and it was probably the most fun I've ever had on K. But, as for acid, I'd say no, no, no.

Well i've got a 2 week vacation starting in a week so hopefully i can find a convenient time and place then to indulge, does acid have a distinguishable taste? or a taste at all for that matter? A friend of a friend said they did it, but i'm not sure how experienced they are or if they'd be able to distinguish acid from say nbome or another psychedelic of the sort

if it's LSD it should have no taste.
the general rule is: if it's bitter it's a spitter
even ink on the blotter can have a *slightly* bitter taste, but if it's strong I'd say it is not acid.

Acid blotters don't have a real taste to them. Mind you if your blotter tastes bitter I think thats an indication that it contains 25i in it.

You'll know if it's an Nbome, the taste is so strong that it is impossible to ignore. It makes even water taste like shit for hours. Spit it out if you taste anything remotely bitter IME.