• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sharp pain in thumb from iving H

nchevalier18

Greenlighter
Hey so I shot up my normal 3 bag shot of h in one of the veins on my hand that comes down from my thumb yesterday and as I was about half way through there was intense pain that moved toward my thumb and under the thumbnail. It was normal pain that I sometimes get from shooting which is more of a burn, it was super intense. Now my thumb is really sore especially by the top knuckle when I bend it. I'm not scared it's gonna fall off or anything silly like that, I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this or knows what might have happened. I can only think that this might be an artery and that's what caused pain but I have shot here a million times before. And come to think of it, I have had this pain before in that spot but very seldom. Help!

Limb loss from messing up shots is not uncommon and shouldn't just be dismissed as an irrational fear. Get it checked out by a professional.

I used to use the veins in my hand and wrist (that runs along your thumb) after trashing my arm veins and have had all kinds of weird pains that scared me to death. It happened obviously if I missed the vein or if I used to much water and went too fast. I had weird lumps and sore scar tissue type things in weird spots for months, still now even after a year clean. I'm not obviously telling you not to see a doctor- if it doesn't get better definitely seek help.

It's possible you could have hit or shot into a nerve. THAT is some intense pain that will make you gasp or scream.

THanks for getting back to me everyone. My thumb is feeling 90% better. I'm guessing I did hit a nerve as I was injecting and it got sore from that. But man oh man did that shot hurt.