• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Sharp pain in arm after slamming h

Buddstudd5

Greenlighter
Sorry if someone has already asked this before, but I've searched over and over and can't find what I'm looking for..

But a couple nights ago, SWIM shot into the crook of the elbow of the right arm, just right above the bend of the elbow. And after pushing a lil bit in, it started to feel RELE weird so SWIM quit n tried to find another spot. But shortly after the failed attempt, SWIM's hand went completely numb, and could barely move his thumb, pointer finger and middle finger. SWIM decided to sleep on it and see if it got better by the next day. The morning after, SWIM had regained feeling in his hand and could move his fingers, but ever since, there has been a RELE sharp pain where he tried to hit the first time. It's a VERY intense pain that radiates from the injection site, to the middle of the forearm and up into the bicep.. It feels like there is a knife being pushed in and scraping the bone. The injection site isn't swollen or anything, but is VERY tender. And was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening, or had any experiences that are similar, and if SWIM should think about going to the hospital. It seems like the pain is slowly going away day after day, but SWIM is afraid that there is nerve damage or what else it could be..? The pain is pretty much constant all day, it comes in waves and every few minutes there are like 30 sec periods where is feels fine.. Any help/advice on this would be GREATLY appreciated! And thank u in advanced.

Sorry if someone has already asked this before, but I've searched over and over and can't find what I'm looking for..

But a couple nights ago, SWIM shot into the crook of the elbow of the right arm, just right above the bend of the elbow. And after pushing a lil bit in, it started to feel RELE weird so SWIM quit n tried to find another spot. But shortly after the failed attempt, SWIM's hand went completely numb, and could barely move his thumb, pointer finger and middle finger. SWIM decided to sleep on it and see if it got better by the next day. The morning after, SWIM had regained feeling in his hand and could move his fingers, but ever since, there has been a RELE sharp pain where he tried to hit the first time. It's a VERY intense pain that radiates from the injection site, to the middle of the forearm and up into the bicep.. It feels like there is a knife being pushed in and scraping the bone. The injection site isn't swollen or anything, but is VERY tender. And was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening, or had any experiences that are similar, and if SWIM should think about going to the hospital. It seems like the pain is slowly going away day after day, but SWIM is afraid that there is nerve damage or what else it could be..? The pain is pretty much constant all day, it comes in waves and every few minutes there are like 30 sec periods where is feels fine.. Any help/advice on this would be GREATLY appreciated! And thank u in advanced.

Suggest you search for medical advise, sooner rather than later.

^ more people would read and reply to your post if you didn't use SWIM, as nobody likes reading this shit..
And no, nobody here uses SWIM, there even is a sticky thread saying that we don't use it and I think it's in the Bluelight user agreement you should've read when you made your account.
No need for insults..

U don't like the way I spell, I don't give shit!

Is it just me or do the "RELE"s bother you more than the swim...

Tbh, I RELE don't give a shit if u don't like the way I spell!! And my bad that I used "swim", every single post or forum I've ever read on this website, 99% of them used swim..

Is everyone on this site just a fuckin prick?!

Lol for real.

OP go to emergency hospital, no one here is a doctor and even if we were we can't do shit over the Internet.

Do u seriously think that I actually thought that someone on THIS site was a dr...?! Lol Of coarse I didn't! I was just hoping that someone may have had a similar experience that they could have shared with me... Or maybe even someone that might have heard or something like this, n could weigh in a lil.. So fuck me for asking, right..?! Jesus, u guys r NO fuckin help wat so ever!

Read the first 5 threads in Other Drugs, no one uses SWIM....
And read the rules..
^ more people would read and reply to your post if you didn't use SWIM, as nobody likes reading this shit..
And no, nobody here uses SWIM, there even is a sticky thread saying that we don't use it and I think it's in the Bluelight user agreement you should've read when you made your account.
No need for insults..

Ur rele gunna tell me that EVERYONE reads the entire user agreement before finishing making their account? This is this firest time I've ever tried posting to this site, so fuck me for not knowing everything abt this shit and wat words r gunna piss off the ppl the outstanding ppl of bluelight.. And I just did a Google search, and the VERY first link that comes from THIS site, the ppl use swim..
Check ur self, http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/680033-Missed-Shot-hit-a-nerve-or-an-artery

Here's another one, it's used abt 20 times on one page..
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/480413-Swollen-hand-artery-shot

And yet... Another one...
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/678960-iv-heroin-into-hand-swelling-in-finger

And ANOTHER...
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/449432-mixing-xanax-and-heroin-first-time-dangerous

Have I made a my point yet...? That's just a fraction of them.. So once again, I hope the great outstanding ppl of bluelight forgive me for using a word that just isn't "acceptable" or ok for someone to use! I'll make sure not to ask u wonderful ppl for any advice ever again, kuz God forbid that a new comer doesn't know every single rule, or wtf a "sticky thread" is.

You realize these threads are a few years old?
And I just told you nicely to edit your post..

Hey there! I'm sorry that you haven't been able to find help on here yet! I literally just joined about 10 minutes ago. My best friend has been shooting almost 5 months now, dilaudid or fentanyl and meth, and her advice would be to go to one of those apps that have the doctors on them... does that make sense, like there are some apps on the App Store where you can chat with real doctors. I'm sure it's not free, because they're real, but that is always less embarrassing than going to the ER and facing people in real life saying you shoot heroin. That's no fun ever. If those apps can't help you, I would pay a visit to the urgent care center, not the emergencys room. UCC (urgent care center) is about 10% of the cost of ER. My best friend went and didn't use insurance because her parents still pay her bill, she went because of terrible abscesses from missed shots, the whole visit was $115 down payment total. Then like $10 for the antibiotics. It's a valuable place to go because they'll be able to treat you somewhat, and tell you when you need to visit the ER for sure. You won't be treated like royalty, but you may get a nice doc that gives you 3 times extra supply of meds like my friend got to save her the embarrassment of coming back.

Hope this helps a bit and I hope you feel much better soon! Stay safe :)
rose xx