• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

sharing straw-

bomber

Bluelighter
Are there any dangers by sharing a straw for snorting? I mean can you catch any serious desease from that?

Last edited:
I've done it before I personally wouldn't recommend it unless you know the person well and even then it's risky. Get your own straw. McDonald's have plenty

i got a sinus infection once doing this and i even know a guy who ended up with HIV from sharing (if your sharer has a nosebleed, don't).

just get a straw for yourself

Are there any dangers by sharing a straw for snorting? I mean can you catch any serious desease from that?

Yes, it's possible as far as I know. One of the reasons is bc there might be bits of fluids in the nose's mucosal surface and it could contain blood sometimes not visible to your eyes, and by sharing these micro fluids one may catch something from an infected or inflamed mucosal surface for instance.

When you snort cocaine the drug is absorbed via the mucous membrane. One immediate effect in the membrane is to shrink blood vessels and this lining becomes irritated or inflamed. Running nose, nasal congestion and even nosebleeds come as a result of an irritated/infected or inflamed nose.

There's a significant risk of having Hepatitis C transmitted to you if you are sharing straws with someone who has it. Honestly, given how easily you can get free straws, just grab a straw or two and cut off a piece for each person so they don't have to share. Hep C being transmitted via microdroplets of blood on the straw is something that can be easily avoided by using your own tooter.

As others have said, it's definitely possible to transmit disease this way. In fact, this is nearly as bad as sharing needles.