• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Share photos of outlawed/discontinued amphetamines and barbiturates

crankerstordard

Greenlighter
Hi everybody, long time lurker but finally decided to start posting on here.

I'm basically interested for photos about all those old outlawed amphetamines/barbiturate/methaqualone (or combos thereof) pills that got outlawed. I lost my Little Black Pill Book from the 80s I got at goodwill, and may have to hunt down a copy of the Physician's Desk Reference from the 70s or something. But if anybody has scans of these or links to where I can find them, let me know!

Examples:

O4oSFyI.jpg

9yrZU9C.jpg

Not even gonna lie I'm kinda obsessed! I am not sure what source the 2nd picture is from, but those green/red and blacks are RIKER Biphetamine T's with methaqualone and amphetamine resinate, referenced to by the Blue Oyster Cult on their early albums! The green and white is a Dexamyl christmas tree pretty sure, I know they made IR's of those as well. The speckled one I have no idea, wanting to say Eskatrol or something....

Hi everybody, long time lurker but finally decided to start posting on here.

I'm basically interested for photos about all those old outlawed amphetamines/barbiturate/methaqualone (or combos thereof) pills that got outlawed. I lost my Little Black Pill Book from the 80s I got at goodwill, and may have to hunt down a copy of the Physician's Desk Reference from the 70s or something. But if anybody has scans of these or links to where I can find them, let me know!

Examples:

O4oSFyI.jpg

9yrZU9C.jpg

Not even gonna lie I'm kinda obsessed! I am not sure what source the 2nd picture is from, but those green/red and blacks are RIKER Biphetamine T's with methaqualone and amphetamine resinate, referenced to by the Blue Oyster Cult on their early albums! The green and white is a Dexamyl christmas tree pretty sure, I know they made IR's of those as well. The speckled one I have no idea, wanting to say Eskatrol or something....
It's pretty simple the black spansuels/capsuels were called black beauties or black bombers, which were racemic amphetamines and akin to Adderall today, the green and white were called Christmas trees and were Dexamyl, the three capsuels/spansuels in the first picture above the black beauty are all dexedrine, the white pills with crosses were called white crosses and were meth/methedrine, the heart shaped pills were called white or in the UK purple hearts as they were coloured purple. The black and white pill in your icon and in the picture you put in this topic were bi-phetamines. Those are RIKER brand Biphetamine (white and black/black capsules) and Biphetamine-T (red/green and black capsules) which was the amphetamine resinate/methaqualone mix. Black beauties were 150mg of racemic amphetamines like how Adderall today is racemic but Adderall is in lower doses. Amphetmines which were yellow coloured were called yellowjackets.

People also called spansuels which were partially clear, 'clears' and sometimes would mix them with downers or other uppers.

Blues, before Adderall came around were downers/depressants.

Last edited:
^Sorry that wasn't a typo? 150mg in one pill?
No that's not a typo. I believe the old benzedrine tablets had more amphetamine in them than this. I read an interview with Herbert Huncke and he said they were that strong.

I also know someone who took pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine in the late 1960s and early 1970s but this was in Mexico and this person said how they just went to the doctor or basically any doctor/pharmacist and told them how they wanted 'diet pills' and when they could not sleep they were given reds or Seconal, Barbiturates, and Benzos like Valium.

Last edited:
the three capsuels/spansuels in the first picture above the black beauty are all dexedrine

Yeah this isn't discontinued, I am on the stuff right now. The Dexedrine brand doesn't seem to exist anymore (not here anyway) but there's generics like Amfexa (German) or Auden dexamphetamine (UK).

amphetamine resinate/methaqualone mix

Yes please.