• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shakiness After RoboTrip and During Trip Muscles Clench Up?

Psychonautz

Greenlighter
So I am pretty experienced with higher dosed Trips. Normally I usually take at least 800mg min and 1800 max. I never experienced this until they had a very BAD trip because of taking an SSRI that I was unaware WAS an SSRI but since stopped taking it, could also be because it was a 2,880 mg dose I took (stupidly). Which had caused temporary Tourettes, RAPID heart rate and hospital wouldn't let them leave. The next day came with SEVERE muscle spasms (during trip leg had locked up and couldn't bend when walking. Like they were rigid) I could barely hold their phone without shaking and having a hard time lifting a iPhone's weight. Then came the teeth chattering which lasted 2 days. After a week I saw no effects from the Trip still lingering and decided to wait a while to Trip again. It had since been 2 months and with even LESS dosage (1780 mg) it managed to kick in faster than any other time (I was using Polistirex Robitussin due to it tasting less terrible than the regular Robitussin) Usually would start feeling it around 2 hour mark but I wasn't even an hour in and it was already prominent. The Trip however went smooth and the next day I realized the shaking in arms, legs, ect. (basically muscles) came back. I want to know if anyone else experiences this as well and if there is any way to prevent the shakiness (Other than the obvious not taking DXM) or minimize it.

Happy Tripping Guys:)

Last edited:
You could try using a sugar-free DXM product to see if it's any better, but at the extremely high dosages you're using it's possible things like calcium channel blockage could be taking their toll. Maybe cut back and taper for a while to give your body and mind a break before you destroy them and/or look for pure DXM ordered online to see if it's possibly the sugar or just the high dose of DXM itself. Take some time to restore muscles without them becoming rigid etc, so that they have a chance.

I take it you're taking this quite frequently, there's got to be a better way to manage that addiction, short of quitting even.

I've personally been dependent on various drugs although nothing for years on end other than habitual on and off though reasonable alcohol and cannabis throughout years... but it's definitely different to let your body and mind come up for breath.

Ideally, get proper medication for problems that caused all this in the first place, or perhaps switch to something not as pharmacologically promiscuous and unreasonably high-dosed... though I don't want to you to trade one disso addiction for a worse one.